• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJA Contract Rumor

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The variable that you neglected to mention is state of the economy. Im in agreement that in a relatively stagnant economy there will be no growth here. It's reasonable to assume that the US private sector will find its path to more prosperous times. It usually has in my lifetime.
This makes sense reading:
When the economy improves significantly, charter prices will rise quite a lot, giving NJA a better chance of selling shares. Might need a different occupant in the White House though.
This.

My question, have we reached a new "norm" in the economy? If so, we're losing and will continue to lose as long as Bridgeway's only selling point is recovery time. Also, when / if the economy begins to improve and charter prices increase, do you not think NJA will also increase the cost of ownership?

I swear...pilots sleep with a night light on....are you guys really scared of the dark?

There is not a boogeyman behind every piece of news.

Aviation has a way of making worst case scenarios often come true.

Bridgeway's only selling point is recovery time

And this, like many other "selling points" of yesteryear, "ain't what it used to be". I think the big selling points now are "(1) We are a Berkshire Hathaway company, and (2) We are a Berkshire Hathaway company".

And this, like many other "selling points" of yesteryear, "ain't what it used to be". I think the big selling points now are "(1) We are a Berkshire Hathaway company, and (2) We are a Berkshire Hathaway company".

Ouch.

Why not try private aircraft ownership. If you fly a lot it is way more cost effective and you will have the same crew for every trip. My current employer looked at fracs a while back and went with his own instead and has never looked back. He gets great service, an incredibly reliable airplane because it does not fly all day every day like some frac planes do. We have not missed a trip yet do to unscheduled maintenance. Plus there are some great deals on airplanes right now, not to mention the bush tax cuts will offset some of the initial cost (while they last).
Good luck, there are alternatives out there.

I have looked at it and (1) it is not cost effective for our flying needs, and (2) it is not an effective use of my time to spend time monitoring the flight department - better to spend that time on revenue generating ideas for my companies.

NJAowner said:
(2) it is not an effective use of my time to spend time monitoring the flight department - better to spend that time on revenue generating ideas for my companies.

Hire the right people to manage and fly your aircraft and, as owner, you shouldn't need to spend much time 'monitoring the flight department'.

Hire the right people to manage and fly your aircraft and, as owner, you shouldn't need to spend much time 'monitoring the flight department'.

I agree completely, if I don't keep costs under control and the boss decides to get rid of the aircraft, I become unemployed. It's in everyone's best interest to run an efficient flight department these days.

Latest resources

Back