NJA/90 min from bases

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DLconnection

How does the company apply the fact that you must live within 90 min from your base? Is there a certain distance that the company uses or what? Is there any flexibility in this? The closest base to me is CMH. I would like to continue living in the Cincinnati area. Is this possible or would I have to move farther north? Thanks

I lived in Cincinnati and commuted to CMH for 3 years. The answer to your question really depends if you are talking about the current CBA or the TA. The current CBA states that you must be within 100 miles or 3 hours (whichever is less) of Broad and High Street in downtown Columbus at the start of a tour (I agree, its weird).
The TA has no such restriction. Live where you want. Just be sure that you make to work on time.

I further believe that MapQuest will be the official determination.....I need to find that in the TA though...........

Its actually 90 MILES...not minutes...from CMH. Mapquest is what they use to determine it. If you live 90 miles from CMH, you can use CVG.

The TA does NOT have a requirement to live at your domicile. It only says that if you live within 90 miles of a domicile, you must use that domicile. This obviously only applies to those with HBA rights.

I am really looking into working for Netjets. If I get in, I expect to be covered by the new TA which I think goes into affect later this month. Like I said, CMH is the nearest gateway city to where I live (CVG). Will this work?

I have a question about the schedules. What I am unsure of is how the 7/7 schedule exactly works. What happens on day 1 and 7? On day 1, are u on call, waiting for an assignment or do u generally know where and when you are being DHed up to pick up an airplane to start a trip? When u finish a trip on day 7, how does the company try to get you back home? Are u booked on an airline flight in advance or what?
Working 7 days on and 7 days off isn't really all that bad, I am just wondering how a person knows when they are starting and ending work.

DLconnection said:
Like I said, CMH is the nearest gateway city to where I live (CVG). Will this work?
It could. According to the TA, when an applicant is offer a job at NetJets they will be told what aircraft and domicile they will be assigned to. So you could be assigned any of the 5 domiciles (LAX, DAL, CMH, TEB or PBI). No telling if they will be willing to negotiate or not.

As far as the 7 and 7 goes. you find out the evening prior to your first day what your report time is. Other than that, you could go just about anywhere or do just about anything, really. Depending on where you end up on day seven, getting home can either be a piece of cake or a nightmare. If you are a CMH guy, plan on more nightmares.

As it stands right now at NJA, you receive your NEXT tour show time via Blackberry pager before the current tour ends. The company must get you back to your base/gateway/hba by midnight on the last day of your tour or they must compensate you financially, or with a comp day(s) off.

Latest resources

Back