NJA 18 Day Fixed

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

starcheckdriver

I am sure this topic has been hammered to death, but I couldn't find a straight answer in the search engine. I know new hires are initially assigned the 18 day schedule at NJA. However, once training is complete, can a newbie stay on the 18-day or will they be re-assigned to another schedule?

Is the 18-day schedule dished out by bidding/seniority, or is it a case of whoever wants it can have it? Thanks in advance.

I am sure this topic has been hammered to death, but I couldn't find a straight answer in the search engine. I know new hires are initially assigned the 18 day schedule at NJA. However, once training is complete, can a newbie stay on the 18-day or will they be re-assigned to another schedule?

Is the 18-day schedule dished out by bidding/seniority, or is it a case of whoever wants it can have it? Thanks in advance.

The 18 day is bid by seniority after you complete training. It will depend on the fleet you are assigned and the number of PIC's that bid the schedule. I just ran into an Ultra SIC that did not get 18 day because of the PIC/SIC balance in that fleet.
I haven't looked at the awards for the next period so this is anecdotal and my not apply to all fleets.

If you are in a fleet that has less than 10 planes, you will have a choice of only the 15- or 18-day schedules. This is the case with the Encore+ and would apply to the Hawker 4000, if that plane EVER is delivered.

About 99 percent of those who want to stay on the 18 day schedule can- I believe there was a decrease in the overall number of people who bid it for the next bid period due to a lot of pilots not getting their requests on the pref bid- I believe overall around 80 percent of the requests were honored, but it isn't by seniority and that angers quite a few.

- I believe there was a decrease in the overall number of people who bid it for the next bid period due to a lot of pilots not getting their requests on the pref bid- I believe overall around 80 percent of the requests were honored, but it isn't by seniority and that angers quite a few.

That's been the suspicion about the 18-day schedule, that the company would need to show that it's really meeting as many requests as possible in order to keep pilots on that schedule. With very few exceptions, the 18-day Fixed is voluntary and the company needs to keep pilots happy to keep them on that schedule.

That's been the suspicion about the 18-day schedule, that the company would need to show that it's really meeting as many requests as possible in order to keep pilots on that schedule. With very few exceptions, the 18-day Fixed is voluntary and the company needs to keep pilots happy to keep them on that schedule.
Charvel...weren't they bought by Jackson? Anyway, the 8 day tour is the deal breaker for me. The 15 day sched is great. Short tours=light suitcase, less time away.

Charvel...weren't they bought by Jackson?

Short story - Wayne Charvel sold the Charvel name to Grover Jackson in 1978. Grover then sold the Charvel/Jackson line to AMIC in 1989. The combined Charvel/Jackson brand was later sold to Fender in 2002, who currently produce USA-made Charvel and Jackson guitars and import Jackson guitars built in Asia.

I just ran into an Ultra SIC that did not get 18 day because of the PIC/SIC balance in that fleet.

This also affected me. I bid both the 15 and 18 day on the Ultra as an SIC for the extra $$$ and was awarded neither.

I don't know if this is normal or not. I'm around 2500 on the list, and a FO in the G-200 fleet. I'd say I'm probably around midway or a bit lower in FO seniority for that plane. Last schedule bid award, there were 7 guys senior to me awarded the 18 day (I bid for it continuously for the money.) For example for this month, I have two five day trips and two 4 day trips, with all weekends off. Last month was one 7 day, a 5 day and a 6 day. I'm not sure if this is representative of the overall company, but I'm actually enjoying the 18 day schedule. I have been on it since the beginning, and have not been assigned a 8 day trip yet.

Latest resources

Back