NJ Pilots, what would you do?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Humphreybogart said:
Guitar Guy, overtime is 1.5 times our daily rate.

When do you folks get overtime? After 12 hours of duty? How about on the first day of a tour - any difference for that?

And what about crew food? I asked if you got per diem, crew food or a combination of the two. Your answer was "yes" which was a bit confusing.

What does CS do for 401K matching? Again you mentioned that all answers to my questions were "yes" but that doesn't really explain the 401K matching.

And I'd be curious to know about the answers to Diesel's questions about compensation (either money or time off) for an after-midnight return on your last day of work.

Thanks for answering my questions. I'll look forward to reading your answers.

Okay we all know you're happy. What about answering the questions posted above. What about crew food, OT and medical. QOL? How about having 3 weeks off for vacation and not training on my days off. Yeah yeah yeah i know it's changing but until it happens you're at their will. They can also change it right back.

You're also wrong about the guys at nj getting you a raise. Who do you think the union is? It's every man/woman out there with a gold tie that was making sure the bar was going to be raised. Our EB is built by FO's and junior captains. The comittees are all staffed by volunteers that make sure the company lives up to it has in writing.

You don't think it's a big deal to shift schedules? What about the two days pay off that you lost. Is that just a gift back to the company for having a job? Why don't they do the right thing and give you some pay for that shift?

Humphreybogart said:
Call it what you want, but I call it management appreciating what the pilots are doing, and giving them what management feels they deserve.

Am I wrong in assuming that the lump sum you NetJet guys got was NOT a bonus, however back pay from the time you guys/gals were in negiotiations?

The timing of said raise coincidentally occured right after NJA contract rafification. Un huh... Put down the koolaid dude. CS management gave you guys a raise because they were worried about talent retention and recruitment of the future. They realized that it's not hard to find pilots... it is difficult to find the best though when paying scratch. They took the logical and cheap way out of a nowin scenario. FLO and FLEX is either in that bad of shape or has management that stupid to ignore giving their pilots raises.

The bonus was a bonus. It was not retro techincally or it would have been taxed a bit differently and it would have been payable to all of the NJAers out there who moved on to other things regardless of reason (for the time they were here). Bonus pay goes to those on property at time of signing.

Humphreybogart said:
The NetJet pilots did NOT get us a raise, unless some of your rank and file went to Greenwich and demanded one for the CS guys. We recieved our raise "inlight" of yours. Maybe I'm taking your statement too literal.

Guitar Guy, the answer is yes to all of your questions.

You were a former career airforce weren't you? Not knocking them but some of them seem to ake things a little (HUUUUGELY) tad bit literal.

Management cares not of deserving(except when it comes to bonuses for them). They are all about the dollars involved. They will treat you well only if it comes down toyou performing your job to the level it takes to get their numbers.

2 QUESTIONS: Did the CS pilots deserve a pay raise prior to the actual raise they recieved and if so why did they not get it until after contract ratification at NetJets?

If CS pilots deserved it (and they do and did), why did it take a watershed industy changing event to pay CS dudes and dudesses what they should have been making years ago? Ok, that's another question too but it's a follow-up question.

If you can't see the writing on the wall "sweetheart", we can help you... but then again, you seek no saving. You are happy in what you percieve as Xanadu thanking the master that threw you table scraps "in light" of the industry changing events that threatened their business model. I salute you. Not many Type A pilots enjoy being "handled" the way you seem to like.

You found your niche.

Fly High said:
NJWife,

I am not barking up your tree, nor am I barking up the tree of anyone else. I am just trying to get a grasp on the conversation. I do not know if all who are "bickering" on this thread are from NJ or not. I am learning as I go.

FlyHigh, you will soon discover that the anti-union faction are quick to jump into threads where the NJ group is discussing the issues with interested pilots, such as yourself. As one of our pilots--Guitar Guy, whom I know personally--had offered to help you out with specific info in a PM, I felt that the original purpose of the thread had been dealt with and saw no harm in broadening the discussion to include the advantages of a union. When a pilot is looking at the fractional industry, it is a difference that should be considered. My pro-union comments were made in direct response to a post that NJ is now an attractive option because of their new contract. It was still relevant to the thread's intent of looking at NJ as a career move.

Who "high-jacked" the thread? An anti-union poster. Were we "bickering"? It may well sound that way to outsiders, but to the NJ group it was just another effort to defend their right to have a union and to point out the advantages of doing so. I totally agree with Diesel that you don't hear those conversations among the NJ pilots and their spouses. Certainly, the contract issues were debated, but the need for the union is obvious to all of us. Suffice it to say, that anti-union posters are NOT NJ pilots.

Those who stand up for themselves are never popular with people who think the pilots should just be happy to have the job. What surprises me is that other pilots will label that legitimate right as "whining" and call fellow pilots "crybabies" for working to improve their situation and pay.

Guitar Guy said:
Fly High - it might be worth your while to keep an eye on the message boards. There's speculation that NJA will discover it is hard to attract good pilots a few months down the road due to the domicile debacle. It wouldn't surprise many folks if NJA management decides to open the HBA (Home Base Airport) program to all pilots at the company as a result.

I can do 7on/7off, however if they would allow homebasing for all newhires I would send them a resume tomorrow!

Why not send a letter letting them know that? Changes aren't made until the powers-to-be are made aware of the problem. You have nothing to lose and something to gain.

netjetwife said:
Why not send a letter letting them know that? Changes aren't made until the powers-to-be are made aware of the problem. You have nothing to lose and something to gain.

BINGO!

That's how the expanded gateway system came about - when enough pilots interviewed and said, "Thanks, but I won't be able to accept the offer until XYZ becomes a gateway."

Msp

Majik said:
That's how the expanded gateway system came about - when enough pilots interviewed and said, "Thanks, but I won't be able to accept the offer until XYZ becomes a gateway."

I did already inquire on Wed with NJ via email to verify that MSP is not an option for new guys. When they said that it wasn't I told them that I regretfully am not able to move at this time thus I am uable to apply at this time, but thanks for your time.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back