NJ Pilots, what would you do?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Humphreybogart said:
Are you seriously serious by answering the "bickering" question NO? NetJet pilots are notorious for bickering, belly aching, or being crybabies whatever you want to call it.

It appears to me that just about all pilots will complain and whine about anything. It is unfortunately a part of the type A personality.

Fly High...........

Fly High said:
Wow! I never figured that a few simple questions from me while I was looking for some guidance/opinions would evolve/mutate into such a conversation. Is there a lot of this bickering at NJ?

Welcome to the wonderful world of thread highjacking. :rolleyes:

Humphreybogart said:
CitationShares didn't have to answer the NetJet pay raise by giving us even more money that NetJets got, but they did...that's what makes CS a premire player player in this fractional thing. Why didn't Flex or Options do the same? They are both good companies with great people but the NetJet TA did not affect them.

Why didn't CS raise the bar for their boys in blue prior to the NJA TA then? You know, if they are such the major player.

Me thinks you are more of a widget than you are led to believe.

What kind of non economics did you get besides the money? You know, non economics... then things that feel good but people don't really talk about all that much. Scheduling, vacation, grievance, seniority rights, merger protections, scope and recognition, management rights, furlough and recall, training, moving expenses, sick leave with pay, life insurance, short term disability, long term disability (that measn you are paid when hurt), leave of absence, representation when in the office, etc.

Yeah sure. You guys got money. Are you really "one step ahead" of the NJA pilots though? You know... looking at the total package. I invite your group to truly raise the bar. It takes effort and "belly aching", time and sacrifice.

Not trying to knock what you guys have over there. You seem to have good a labor/management relationship from my perspective. Management commands and you do.

FLEX and FLO are absolutely affected by labor costs in the industry. FLO is financially on the ropes and taking life support payiments from it's parent to keep the lights on so a payraise is out. FLEX is just too damned stubborn if anything and if they don't watch it, will end up with a Union in house before you know it.

CS saw the writing on the wall. They needed to make the employees as CS happy with the minimum of expense and trouble. How is that done? MONEY. Cold, hard, ditry stinking money. It's easy to satisfy short term with lots of money but money ain't everything.

Sometimes you just need cuddle time too.

WheresRocky said:
Netjetwife:

Do you lead the Union radical fundamentalist movement? You all are almost like terrorists, pushing your beliefs, your radical pro-union viewpoints.

Ease off.

Well Rocky you are almost like an steet person..... Spewing crazy statements left and right to passers by... Yelling that the end is near, while under the influance of a bottle of Nighttrain.....

I know the NetJet TA had alot to do with why we got our raise. What I am saying is that CS did not HAVE to give us the raise, we didn't vote on anything, we were just handed a raise without anyone asking. Call it what you want, but I call it management appreciating what the pilots are doing, and giving them what management feels they deserve.

Am I wrong in assuming that the lump sum you NetJet guys got was NOT a bonus, however back pay from the time you guys/gals were in negiotiations?

humphry how can you say you know that nj pilots got you your raise and then in the next sentance say that the company did it because they were good guys.

Which is it?

Oh yeah it was to keep the union off the property. Enjoy your schedule shift with no way to stop it from happening.

Does CS pay overtime and if so, how does it work? And does CS pay per diem, provide crew food or a combination of the two? Lastly, does CS do 401K matching?

Not trying to start a flame war, just curious how those things work at CS. I've heard rumors but I'd like to hear the info from the CS guys here.

Diesel said:
humphry how can you say you know that nj pilots got you your raise and then in the next sentance say that the company did it because they were good guys.

Which is it?

Oh yeah it was to keep the union off the property. Enjoy your schedule shift with no way to stop it from happening.

The NetJet pilots did NOT get us a raise, unless some of your rank and file went to Greenwich and demanded one for the CS guys. We recieved our raise "inlight" of yours. Maybe I'm taking your statement too literal.

Guitar Guy, the answer is yes to all of your questions.

So you don't think that NJ guys had anything to do with you getting a raise. CS did the smart thing and matched the pay right away to avoid all the crap that's going on at Flex and Flops. They knew the pilots would start rumbling.

While the answer may be yes to guitar's questions how about actually answering the question.

How much is OT on an hourly basis?
Do you get OT if you start work before 8am and how much?
Do you get OT if you start work before 8am and go past 9hrs of duty if so how much
do you get OT after 12 hours of duty? How much?
Crew food do you have to pay for it?
When is crew food provided or is it anytime the crew is hungry?
Does the crew have to pay for that food in any way or is it taken from perdiem in any way?
What is the Pay if you do not arrive home by 2400lcl on your last day?
Do then then take a day off of your next tour?
Did you ever get that schedule shift figured out where you lost a day or two of off time?

Those are the questions that really matter. We all know what NJ's rules are on the subject but CS tends not to have the same information out there. It would help a lot.

Diesel said:
So you don't think that NJ guys had anything to do with you getting a raise.

The GUYS didn't, the UNION of the guys did. Did you or any of your buds go to Greenwich yourself for a face to face? I am glad your UNION got you the raise. Yes, it was a long time comming, but I am still glad to be at CS. Remember, money isn't everything, it's QOL and how you're treated by the powers above, and I think our "powers above" treat us very good. So good that we DON't have to pay union dues, but still get to reap your benefits. I am home every other weekend, no schedule swap during the weekends, big deal about shifting our schedule, at CS we're more team players and not complainers. I bet you pay alot more in union dues during the year than what we make for 1 day. Guitar Guy, overtime is 1.5 times our daily rate.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back