• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJ Oct 8th class

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No -- you'll buy a ticket at the end of the tour, to anywhere you want.

You tell the company you're doing this, and they'll note in the computer what the ticket to your domicile would have cost if you'd taken it. You'll then submit for reimbursement of the ticket you bought, up to the what they would have spent to get you to your domicile.

Note that every so often, you'll actually fly a plane back to your domicile versus airlining there. If that happens, you'd be totally on the hook to get yourself back home, since the company wouldn't have spent any money on an airline for you. I can't speak for other bases, but that's only happened to me once so far in a year or so of being based at PBI.

Thanks for the info.

I got the good news today that I'm back in the October 8th indoc class and was moved from from the xls to the 800xp. I'll see you all in October after all.

Good job. Were you awarded the 800XP (Honeywell version with mix of glass and analog) or the 800XP-C (Collins version - all glass)? I hear the Hawker is a nice airplane to fly.

They told me 24 months. That was back in June.

They suckered me in with that too. Don't count on a 2 year upgrade... more like 5-6 year upgrade.

I was just curious if they were still telling people "2 years". Granted there are people that are currently upgrading around that time frame, its just that people that are hired today are lucky to get a 4 year upgrade.

Latest resources

Back