• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJ Oct 8th class

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The wait for IOE varies and is dependent on a lot of factors. However, the training dept has worked to reduce the down time between training and the start of IOE.

As for pay, you are on the Reserve payscale until you either bid to 7/7 or are forced there involuntarily. In some fleets, especially for SIC's, Reserve has gone relatively senior and forced some SIC's to the 7/7.

I think most of the fleets are caught up with training. I started in June in the Sovereign and had 5 days between sim and aircraft training and 9 days between aircraft training and IOE.

Does anybody plan to commute for work at NetJets?

Buy cheap tickets, drive, etc;

Does anybody plan to commute for work at NetJets?

Buy cheap tickets, drive, etc;

I've heard that a number of LAX-based pilots live in PHX and LAS and commute twice a month on Southwest. With the 7-7 schedule you know when you will be commuting.

Wait until the October vote - perhaps you won't ultimately have to commute.

There are lots of guys that commute. My indoc class had guys coming in from Tucson, Phoenix, Denver, San Fran, Seattle, Fresno, San Diego. Some drive, some fly. The same is going on in the other domiciles as well. Ex: Amarillo to Dallas.

I'm planning to do the drive from MCO to PBI (2.5 hours). Shouldn't be too bad with the 7/7 schedule. Of course, that's subject to change. It will be interesting to see what Oct. 1 brings.

2.5 hrs from mco to pbi?

I don't think so. Plan on 3.5 to be safe.

I'm lookin at 4 to 4.5 from BOS to TEB. I dont think there are any cheap fares I could buy to get me to Jersey, so I'm driving. Buuut, on the 7/7 I should be able to live with it. Can anyone tell me how secure the parking is at TEB? Has anyone had any problems leaving a car there?

Consider a rental car

"I'm lookin at 4 to 4.5 from BOS to TEB....."
Consider a rental car one way. Have the company fly you home to BOS at the end of the tour.... we have a 'dummy tix' program. They'll credit you the amount of $ it would cost to get you back to TEB and then you buy a tix to BOS.

Latest resources

Back