• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJ Late Feb Interview results

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
But I would rather have a longer upgrade time with a great company, than a shorter upgrade time with a sh!tty company.

Absolutely. :beer: I really haven't even given much thought to upgrade time at NJA - the pay raise will be nice but I'm looking forward to NJA as a destination company and not a place to build PIC time quickly before moving on. The difference between a 2 year and 5 year upgrade isn't much when I'm looking at a possible 30+ year career there.

Just got the official news today. Hawker 800XPc with indoc starting July 9 and a/c ground school Aug 19. They offered the Ultra, XL, and the Hawker, with that and the Ultra having the earlier class start dates. I interviewed 2/27-28.

Just got the official news today. Hawker 800XPc with indoc starting July 9 and a/c ground school Aug 19. They offered the Ultra, XL, and the Hawker, with that and the Ultra having the earlier class start dates. I interviewed 2/27-28.

Great job - I would have taken the 800XP-C too. The XL/XLS would have a close second.

Anyone know if the 800XP-C fleet a busy fleet? I know the XL/XLS fleet is one of the busiest.

Congrats mosyslack. I think you will be happy on the 800XPc. Great airplane. The XL/XLS is a great fleet if you want to build flight time, and see what the limits of your endurance is. They work hard. Same as the Citation X. The Ultra has easy weeks and hard weeks. It depends. No APU really is only a big deal in the summer and you can't get ahold of a GPU. The freon a/c in the Ultra does a pretty good job if you close the door and install the sunshades.

Thanks guys... I have heard that the XL is a work horse and probably would have chose that, but it was a later start date. The more I hear about the 800XP though, the more I like it. I think I have heard it refered to as 'the gentleman's airplane". Supposed to be laid back and not too busy, and good mix of work and not.

Great job - I would have taken the 800XP-C too. The XL/XLS would have a close second.

Anyone know if the 800XP-C fleet a busy fleet? I know the XL/XLS fleet is one of the busiest.

I've been in the 800xp(H) for close to 6yrs. In the day it was a few legs a day...today it's a mix. Up to 6 legs a day if you are caught on the east coast or 3-4 a day if you have maybe a 3hr leg. It's a great plane! Built like a tank but very responsive. I don't plan to leave this fleet anytime soon.....sorry

The 800XPC has a varying schedule. I have spent entire tours at a Raytheon facility trying to get one of the Hawkers to fly out with no luck. Other tours I have had one plane the entire week without one maintenance hiccup and flying 4-5 legs a day. I used to hate the coast to coast trips, but now they aren't so bad because it means only 1 or 2 legs for the day (unlike the X.)

Welcome to the "gentleman's airplane" Mosyslack, it is a great bird. Great group of guys to fly with too. See you on the line in a few months.

The 800XPC has a varying schedule. I have spent entire tours at a Raytheon facility trying to get one of the Hawkers to fly out with no luck. Other tours I have had one plane the entire week without one maintenance hiccup and flying 4-5 legs a day. I used to hate the coast to coast trips, but now they aren't so bad because it means only 1 or 2 legs for the day (unlike the X.)

Welcome to the "gentleman's airplane" Mosyslack, it is a great bird. Great group of guys to fly with too. See you on the line in a few months.

Cool! Thanks niteflyr...cya out there

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back