• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJ Late Feb Interview results

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't remember discussing upgrade time. I'm sure it is variable by aircraft and subject to fluctuation.

As far as domiciles they were intending to place new hires in their first choice of bases. We were given the opportunity to switch our choices for possible earlier hire date or if anyone had changed his mind since applying. The quickest opening was in West Palm.

This was my understanding: I think the term "HBA" applies to those hired prior to the current contract. Now everyone is assigned a domicile and is expected to be there and rested at the start of the duty period. You are not required to live there but clearly commuting long distance is discouraged. They will not pay for your commute and they don't have jump seat or non-rev agreements with airlines. If you can get cheap flights and you work the 7 on 7 off schedule it sounds workable but the reserve schedule doesn't sound compatable with commuting to me.

I forget exactly what they said about upgrades because in the back of my mind I had a rough estimate of my own (probably 4 years for newhires is my guess), but I believe they were saying 2 1/2 - 3 years for current upgrades. I know how quickly that can change though.

I would say that 4 years is more accurate. Could be as long as 5 years.:(

There are guys taking the 400 right at two years if not less. The Ultra / Encore at two and a half. Will this continue? You look at A/C on order and slow but steady attrition...I say at most three years and two to two and a half for the first available. I have moved up almost thirty numbers in the last three months so some guys are leaving. It won't be five years to upgrade.

That's funny because I just flew with a new upgrade who has been here just over two years and my sim partner (upgrade) had only been here two and a half. They both waited so they didn't have to take the 400. I might be missing something, but why do you say four to five years for a new hire? I am just curious how you come to that conclusion. Or are you just trying to bait?;)

That's funny because I just flew with a new upgrade who has been here just over two years and my sim partner (upgrade) had only been here two and a half. They both waited so they didn't have to take the 400. I might be missing something, but why do you say four to five years for a new hire? I am just curious how you come to that conclusion. Or are you just trying to bait?;)

Been at NJs for 13 months. In the 2200's. If I upgrade within 2 years (3 yrs total), I will be surprised.

Losing about 10 pilots a month. The senior guys going to NJI and the junior guys tired of driving 5+ hrs. We are supposed to get the Hawker 950 (?), but then again we were supposed to take the Hawker 4000 back in Nov....still not here.

With no set retirement age, it is too hard to predict when these older guys will move on.

Seems like most the captains I fly with are mid 30s. Have flown with one 65+ guy and one 50+ guy.

Supposed to net 32 planes this year.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back