• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJ Bases?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have a question for the 1108 guys. HOU instead of IAH????? Why?

When the list of 100 was in the stages of infancy, both HOU and IAH were on it. The negotiating team looked at this and saw that almost all, if not all, of the Houston based pilots were currently using HOU as an hba. They then felt it more prudent to "trade" IAH for a different city. Once IAH went away, MFR showed up. I am not saying IAH was traded for MFR, just using it as an example of why it didn't make the list.

When the list of 100 was in the stages of infancy, both HOU and IAH were on it. The negotiating team looked at this and saw that almost all, if not all, of the Houston based pilots were currently using HOU as an hba. They then felt it more prudent to "trade" IAH for a different city. Once IAH went away, MFR showed up. I am not saying IAH was traded for MFR, just using it as an example of why it didn't make the list.

I guess that makes sense I airlined out of Hobby for a year and it sucked. it seems like all I did is ride Eagle to DFW and watch AA cx flights.

The same is true about MHT. The original 100 bases had EWR,LGA,JFK,HPN and TEB all listed as bases. MHT was nowhere to be found yet over 60 pilots used it.

Enough people spoke up rather loudly and some horse trading was done...POOF!!!! JFK was removed and MHT was added.

There were other airports that should have been added but people simply didn't speak out loudly enough.

Assuming I get an interview in the next few months will I be able to submit for new Gateways?

Thanks.

Assuming I get an interview in the next few months will I be able to submit for new Gateways?

Thanks.

Yes you will, but they are termed crewbases not gateways. You will be able to choose from the list of 100 that were previously posted earlier in this thread.

Vny

Regarding Van Nuys which has no airline service. Would you always fly your jet out, or would the company possibly try to airline you out from another city?

If theres no plane for you in VNY it will be a combination of ground/airline/deadhead to get you to one. An example would be a cab to LAX and an airline out of there. The good thing is its on the company's time and money.

Latest resources

Back