NJ Aircraft Choice

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JJDriver

I'm sure this has been beat to death, but can anyone offer any information on advantages/disadvantages of NJ aircraft. In particular, which one would offer the best QOL in regards to vacations, seniority list movement, etc. Thanks!

I'm sure this has been beat to death, but can anyone offer any information on advantages/disadvantages of NJ aircraft. In particular, which one would offer the best QOL in regards to vacations, seniority list movement, etc. Thanks!

Anything is better than nothing.

Get hired and then give us your options. We have 15 choices... we'll be here all day!

The one with the earliest class date!!!!

That is true.

However, different fleets have different missions, and the question you need to ask yourself is what type of mission do you want? When the offer comes and they give you options, ask yourself "do I like shorter legs of less that 2 hours that usually stays in the lower 48?" Ultra, 400xp, or XL might fit you best. "Do I like longer legs with the option to go international?" DA2000, CE750, CE680, or G200 might work better for you.

Personally, I have a 2 hour ass. I'll take the smaller aircraft.

My personal preferences are in this order:

DA2000, G200, CE680, CE750, 800XPC, XL, 400XP, Ultra/Encore.

However... I'd be happy to be a CE172 FO if that's the first available class and I'm fortunate enough to get hired. :D

My personal preferences are in this order:

DA2000, G200, CE680, CE750, 800XPC, XL, 400XP, Ultra/Encore.

However... I'd be happy to be a CE172 FO if that's the first available class and I'm fortunate enough to get hired. :D

Back in the day I transitioned from the A320 to the CE750 (The X). I thought the X was cute.

Later, I upgraded to the Ultra (560). It WAS really cute (ie. open center hydraulic system)... like camping but in a tent. It was like learning to fly a C172 again.

I walked around a X again for the 1st time in about 2 years yesterday. It looks BIG again!!

It's all a matter of perspective. QOL can be found on ALL fleets. Each fleet just has a slightly different dance to it, and they're all fun.

Make the most of any of them. They are all winners.

Back in the day I transitioned from the A320 to the CE750 (The X). I thought the X was cute.

Later, I upgraded to the Ultra (560). It WAS really cute (ie. open center hydraulic system)... like camping but in a tent. It was like learning to fly a C172 again.

I walked around a X again for the 1st time in about 2 years yesterday. It looks BIG again!!

It's all a matter of perspective. QOL can be found on ALL fleets. Each fleet just has a slightly different dance to it, and they're all fun.

Make the most of any of them. They are all winners.

Great post Flylow. Thanks!:beer:

Latest resources

Back