Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJ A/C for newhires - Please rate in order.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Going2Baja

I did the search and came up empty. For all you NJ guys out there would you please rate in order of choice (and if your time permits) why you would want that a/c if you were a new hire.

My initial thoughts would be:
1) APU
2) Lav dump outside
3) F/A
4) Long Range
5) Location of Initial and recurrent training for the Sim.

Not being for a corporate background I couldn't tell the difference between an Ultra and an Excell or a Hawker 400 or 800.

And if it matters LAX base.

Thanks guys - hope to see you all soon.

Baja.

My question is how much "ramp" work do you have to do at NetJets? I don't mind helping stow some bags, but are you doing a lot of lav dumps, or is there ground handleing at the FBO's NetJets uses? Thinking of coming over from Comair, but worried about the "culture shock." Never did the corporate type flying before.

ramp work

mike
i think you might consider staying where you are.
we do clean, stock, jepps, catering, vac etc. everyday. sometimes its a businessman with on board beverages and snacks, sometimes its the family from hell that trashes the plane and steals everthing thats not nailed down.
my last 2 tours were with X Indy guys, and both hated it here. both great guys and pilots. they just thought we worked much to hard ( we do).
just my 2 cents.

Baja,

1. The one with the earliest start date.

Otherwise, I subscribe to the ignorance is bliss attitude. Go to whatever aircraft will afford you an earlier upgrade potential, namely the U-Boat or the 400XP. If you are coming to NetJets, face the fact that a non-apu aircraft is in your future as a Captain. As Lord Vader would say, "It is your destiny."

lodgepilot said:
mike
i think you might consider staying where you are.
my last 2 tours were with X Indy guys, and both hated it here. both great guys and pilots. they just thought we worked much to hard ( we do).

Any other X-commuter guys with experiences please PM me, I'd appreciate it. A friend of mine has a class date for the Excel and he is a RJ Capt. This is his only question about flying fractional.

I'd also still like some replies to the original question - rate the jets for a new hire.

Thanks - Baja.

Last edited:
charley varrick said:
Baja,

1. The one with the earliest start date.

Otherwise, I subscribe to the ignorance is bliss attitude. Go to whatever aircraft will afford you an earlier upgrade potential, namely the U-Boat or the 400XP. If you are coming to NetJets, face the fact that a non-apu aircraft is in your future as a Captain. As Lord Vader would say, "It is your destiny."

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the F/O a/c have no affect on your upgrade? ie. Citation X for two years as f/o then upgrade to the U-boat? The reason I'm looking for some suggestions/comments is that if I have a choice, why not make the first couple of years comfortable in a cushy bigger jet?

Thanks - Baja.

You are correct. I was merely pointing out that, yes, your years as an FO will be much more pleasant in an apu aircraft. But when you have to upgrade you will be all the more miserable as a result of said years of "cushy" flying. Like being yanked out of first class to be sardined into a middle seat between two smelly sumo wrestlers. It is just my warped perspective, that's all.

JetPilot_Mike said:
My question is how much "ramp" work do you have to do at NetJets? I don't mind helping stow some bags, but are you doing a lot of lav dumps, or is there ground handleing at the FBO's NetJets uses? Thinking of coming over from Comair, but worried about the "culture shock." Never did the corporate type flying before.

The "ramp" work you ask about is part of fractional flying. Yes you will load bags, yes you will get coffee, yes you will wipe down the lav (not service it the FBO does this) Remember this is a service business. The people we fly are the movers and shakers of the world. I flew 121 just like you. The only "culture shock" is attitude. If you come with an open mind you will be fine. However, if you do not want to clean planes, get catering, ice, sets of newspapers, and every now and then wipe down the lav then NetJets is not for you.

Going2Baja said:
I did the search and came up empty. For all you NJ guys out there would you please rate in order of choice (and if your time permits) why you would want that a/c if you were a new hire.

My initial thoughts would be:
1) APU
2) Lav dump outside
3) F/A
4) Long Range
5) Location of Initial and recurrent training for the Sim.

Not being for a corporate background I couldn't tell the difference between an Ultra and an Excell or a Hawker 400 or 800.

And if it matters LAX base.

Thanks guys - hope to see you all soon.

Baja.

Hard to say what plane any new hire would want. Depends do you want to fly your as! off or fly every now and then? As far as who works the most I would rate our planes in this order IMHO.

1. Excel: They fly all the time. Soon to be the biggest fleet. So if one break's easy to find another bird. Long days, short nights and at mach.74 this baby is SLOW!!!!!!! Be ready to work, work, work they get killed.

2. Citation X: We work all the time. If you have a plane your flying period. The X covers every plane we have and no owner who was expecting a excel or 400xp says "oh a X na don't want that" If you like international flying the X gets its fair amount. You will do mexico, western caribbean, some hawaii, central america, south america, canada, alaska, and some go to europe. Oh
and lets not forget more TEB-LAX SFO-BOS then you can count. Solid group of pilots in the X.

3. Ultra: Also a very busy fleet. Problem is you get stuck east of the mississippi most of the time. Hey if you like talking to washington and new york center this is your plane.

4. F-2000/F-2000EZ: I would rank this fleet 4th as far as working. Good plane from what I hear and having the flight attnedant is nice. Good mix of long and short trips + international like the X.

5. Hawker 800XP/PC: Not much to say but the pilots who fly these planes seem to love them. Good thing here is no inital training is done in Columbus. All sim and recurrents are in Wichita and Wilmington I believe.

6. G-200: Spend alot of time broke from what I hear. If I could hold it this would be the plane for me. Great cabin, nice cockpit, good mix of flying.

7. Hawker 400XP: New fleet 19 planes as of today I think. The big talk around CMH is they might be going to europe. I know NetJets is not happy with the performance (Gezz big shock) No external lav has the honey pot. Stays east of the mississippi most of the time so beware.

8. Cessna Sovereign: No idea if these boys work. Looks like a nice plane thou.

9. BBJ: Forget it you will never have the senority to hold it. All over the world!

10. G-IV-G-V: Ok Woofpack here ya go sorry to forget about our SCOPE!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back