• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NICE Job Continental Airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
from what i have heard the NWA/DAL station employees where there and willing to assist in deplanning, but CAL said no!!!!!! if I was a passenger I would be asking for a free year of travel after being held hostage!!!

This is ridicules. ending up in Rochester, MN is not the CA's fault. It is a perfectly fine alternate..they landed safely. As far as the delay on the aircraft, I would hope that most profesional pilots would be creative enough to get the people off of the airplane. 5 feet shouldn't be a very high drop for a crew member. GO FIND ME SOME STAIRS SON!

Has a Dispatcher...this is the dispatchers fault..plain and simple. In a weather situation and having dispatched this flight on a CRJ and EMB145LR in a weather situation. Bump passengers, add hold fuel and either OMA or DSM both CO station has the alternate..easy

I see it everyday, a p*ss poor alternate, because the dispatcher did not want to bump passengers
So, what you're saying is, the captain at your airline has no authority to call you up and discuss the wx and say "hey, how about some more gas and an altn that can get me on the back side of the wx"? Just curious.

It was Express Jet!! you know Captain Pocono, Express jet!

Actually, I think Express jet does a great job, they picked a bad alternate.

I agree, CAL should take more responsibility, but this happened at a whole different airline.

got it?
Whole different Airline My A$$.
it say's Continental on the flight number, the Flt Attendants say Continental in their announcements, and the tickets are bought from Continental.
If it is not The how do I Buy a ticket On EXPRESS JET AIRLINES?
Be careful of the company you keep.

If it is not Then how do I Buy a ticket On EXPRESS JET AIRLINES?

If you don't mind 12 hours on an RJ you could try this:

ExpressJet Tickets

This incident is WAY over the top though. Heads should roll from PIC to Dispatch, to CAL to every manager at ExpressJet that has anything to do with training, dispatch, CP's whatever.

As horrible as sitting on an RJ for 12 hours with an overflowing lav?

Low paid dispatchers, low paid pilots, Continental laughing all the way to the bank. Food stamp business is doing well though!!

Whole different Airline My A$$.
it say's Continental on the flight number, the Flt Attendants say Continental in their announcements, and the tickets are bought from Continental.
If it is not The how do I Buy a ticket On EXPRESS JET AIRLINES?

CAL has a capacity agreement with Express Jet Airlines, yes. The way CAL handled this is very poorly, yes! Are they the same airline NO!

Bottom line is if you work for CNN they are the same airline, but if you really are a pilot in the airline industry you understand they are different airlines.

CAL has a capacity agreement with Express Jet Airlines, yes. The way CAL handled this is very poorly, yes! Are they the same airline NO!

Bottom line is if you work for CNN they are the same airline, but if you really are a pilot in the airline industry you understand they are different airlines.
They are the same Airline if you are as passenger too.
Most don't know the difference or care.
It all goes back to Code sharing in stead of owning, it goes back to Holding Company's, it goes back to Separate seniority lists, It goes back to SUBCONTRACTING .
What the Industry Ceo's have figured out is that Competition is good,
as long as you control ALL the players, all of the revenue all of the assets. Keep them fighting and bidding among them self's

Latest resources

Back