• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Nice job ASA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The bad day on 6/8 probably had more to do with the big summer schedule change than anything else. It happens every year. Lots of new destinations and lots of schedule changes. There were a lot of up line delays also because the stations didn't know about some of our changes and new RONs.

Ummm also "slowing the airline down" is super retarded. You make them lose money which means less profits which means less arguments for your raise. Pilots are always their own worst enemy.

D'Angelo said:
Pilots are always their own worst enemy.

So either you're your own worst enemy or you're not really a pilot.

COOPERVANE said:
This message is hidden because D'Angelo is on your ignore list

My FI experience has been greatly improved because of my 1 ignore list occupant

And CRJ Skillz with his multiple personality disorder too.

atlcrashpad said:
Fly the Book. ATL ramp will do the rest. Nothing illegal, just sit back and let the rest of the company waste time, they're good at being terrible.

Exactly. We don't need to do a work slowdown. We just need to sit quietly on our planes and "let the 'system' work". Don't call for crap, just sit there all day. Do only your job and no one else's. Let dispatch and maintenance make stupid decisions... don't help them out.

The ATL operation will crumble in a week, I guarantee you. In '98, the company was BEGGING the NMB to resume negotiations after two months. Then they quickly settled.

The question is this then? Why do you only "fly the books" when your trying to get something you want? Is it not your job to always "fly the books" carry on

Tomct, I have never bent over for anyone anywhere and I am not going to start know. I care deeply for this profession this company and the passengers I carry. I will do all that I can to protect all three. With that said, to harm one to simply prove a point is not worth it. All you are doing is sitting there to say, I told you so while your passengers suffer.

atlcrjdriver said:
Thankfully, none of the cpts I have flown with share this minimalist philosophy. Do only what I have to do and go home. The only peolple that are hurt by this are your passengers that pay your salary. All last month 80% of our delays were due to ATC, WX and MTC. We had an average on-time of about 75-80%. We never had to go above and beyond like loading bags, but we did get the job done professionally.

The only smart post in this in this whole thread! If I were as bitter as some on this board I'd leave the industry. In fact, I had left flying for a few years(not by choice) and it was the worst years of my working life. Job market is good right now outside of aviation if you have a good education. I personally think that most on this board will not be able to make as much money outside of aviation(1st year pay aside). Please don't take this as saying things don't need to change, they do! QOL, schedules, pay and overall treatment of all employees needs improvement. The question is, how do we do this without shooting ourselves in the foot? Unfortunately, I don't have an answer. I know slamming each other on here doesn't help, only constructive ideas that have unified backing will solve the hardest issues.(Obvious statement but we often lose sight of what needs to be done, don't let anger and resentment take control rational thinking.)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back