Next years numbers at SWA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fellas,
This is just another sad dip in the SWA pool roller coaster ride. If you don't like todays rumors, then just wait until tomorrow.

I wouldn't get too bent out of shape about it, they added a class at the last minute last January. They can't keep buying planes without hiring someone to fly them. Anyway, here's some better news...

T1bubba

Southwest Airlines Adds Two Nonstop Flights Between Chicago Midway And Las Vegas

Fares for the New Flights Start at $89 Each Way

DALLAS, Dec. 3 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Southwest Airlines (NYSE: LUV) continues expanding its flight schedule with the addition of two more nonstop flights between Chicago Midway and Las Vegas beginning February 9, 2003. Fares for the new service start with a 14-day advance purchase fare of $89 each way and top-out with an unrestricted fare of $199 one-way.

"We've increased our service from Chicago Midway to West this year, and our Customers have responded with a resounding 'Bravo!'" said Joyce Rogge, Southwest's senior vice president of marketing. "Adding more nonstop flights is our way of giving our Customers an encore performance."

With the addition of these two flights, Southwest will offer a total of five daily nonstop flights between Chicago Midway and Las Vegas. Southwest will carry out the service by exercising its option to accelerate the delivery of an aircraft to 2003 , which was announced in the airline's third quarter earnings report.

Southwest's fare of $89 each way for its nonstop service between Chicago Midway and Las Vegas is on sale now through Feb. 3, 2003, for travel through the end of Southwest's published schedule (currently April 4, 2003.). Tickets must be purchased at least 14 days prior to departure and within one day of making reservations. Roundtrip purchase and an overnight stay are required. Seats are limited and will not be available on some flights that operate during peak travel times, such as Spring Break periods. Tickets are nonrefundable, but unused tickets may be applied toward the purchase of future travel on Southwest Airlines (except for tickets purchased through the Southwest Airlines Group Tickets program). Fares do not include a federal segment tax of $3 per takeoff and landing. These fares also do not include airport-assessed passenger facility charges of up to $9 roundtrip or federal September 11th Security Fees of up to $5 roundtrip per person. Fares are subject to change until ticketed, and any change in itinerary could result in an increase in the fare.

Customers can purchase tickets by visiting Southwest's Web site at www.southwest.com , by calling Southwest Airlines at 1-800-I-FLY-SWA, or by calling their local travel agent.

Southwest Airlines is the nation's fourth largest carrier in terms of Customer boardings. The airline serves 59 airports in 58 cities in 30 states. Las Vegas is Southwest's second busiest airport in terms of daily departures with 171 daily nonstop flights to 42 cities; Chicago Midway is fifth with 130 daily nonstop flights to 29 cities. The airline currently operates nearly 2,800 flights a day.

Oh, I know... if y'all read enough of my posts, then you'll see I tend to write with a bit of a tounge-in-cheek style. But seriously, Merry Christmas or Happy Hannukah everyone!!

Let's just hope the February classes hold firm... any more bad news and I might have to break out all those old Smiths albums just to get me in the right mindset!
;)

"If you're wondering why
All the love that you long for eludes you
And people are rude and cruel to you
I'll tell you why
I'll tell you why
I'll tell you why
I'll tell you wha-hy-hy-hyyyy

You just haven't earned it yet baby!"

Anyway, you get the idea.

P.S. Hey T1Bubba... by the looks of your avatar, it seems when they repaint the airplanes in the new livery the airplanes get a little bigger. Is that an astute observation or what??? :eek:

Last edited:

RB,

What the he!! is that avatar?

BTW, Crap was just my initial reaction. Until I'm sitting in Dallas my motto is "I'll get there when I get there".

Slug

I was wondering when I might have to 'splain that one. The poster from the movie "Devil's Advocate" has Al Pacino (Satan) standing behind Keanu Reeves (some young hot-shot lawyer). Well.... check out those "Bert is Evil" websites (search on google.) They're pretty funny. Some clever individual figured out to replace Bert for Al Pacino. Check out the original poster at www.imdb.com (search for Devil's Advocate).

There are others: Bert mugshot, Bert in the crowd at the JFK assassination, Bert and Ernie at a "gentlemen's" club. Some are in bad taste, and the humor is certainly not for everyone. Don't view any evil Bert websites at work!

Last edited:
Jan classes

I spoke with LL today and I asked her if there was any good news. She said that there was only the one class in Jan with 20 people but they of course were hoping for some more classes in Feb. Ouch is right.

If it's any consolation I was notified of a class date prior to Sept. 11 last year. I did not give notice to my previous employer becacuse I was going to take vacation while in ground school and then give my two weeks. On Sept 12 I got a call saying all new hire ground schools were cancelled. I said to myself oh well I guess it will be another 6 months to a year.

Then I got a call a week or so later saying class was back on. The difference between my original class date and the new class date was one week. My point is dont believe too much of what you hear, it changes by the hour.

Good luck.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back