• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Next Move as a CFI?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You could consider going to Gulfstream. Cost per hour is probably better and you end up with 250+ hours of ME-turbine, 121 time. However, it's going to cost you around $20K. The program can work but it's very expensive. Many of Gulfstream's pilots fly for the majors now. I'm sure they'd be happy to take your money and Cooper may even let you wash his boat.

Rerouted,

One option, once you have the ifr minimums is to haul checks. Sounds like you're closing in on it.
I'ld say get as much multi as you can get at this point while checking out how much multi the check-haulers in your area require. Usuallly one to two hundred hours.
Check-hauling is a matter of survival, I won't lie. It's mostly vfr but when you absolutely need the instruments to work, something (like your attitude indicator) will role over. You have to hold the owners feet to the fire on MX and stand your ground many times on safety.
However, when I was exactly where you are, plus a few more hours of multi, I flew over 700 hrs multi hauling checks in less than 6 months. Things can happen very fast from your current position.
I'd be happy to give you some names and numbers if you live in the Dallas area.

O2

Latest resources

Back