Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, how will the airlines go about bringing back back the 60+ers, where will they fall in line?
AND, will they get another super-soaker goodbye on their last flight at 65?

So, how will the airlines go about bringing back back the 60+ers, where will they fall in line?
AND, will they get another super-soaker goodbye on their last flight at 65?

Habib, fortunately for us, these approaching-60 selfish ba$tard$ have seen to it that those who already retired won't be returning and can't even sue to try to return. So much for this being a 'discrimination issue.' It's purely a selfish issue. Thanks Greediest Generation!!! Your parents, who selflessly saved the world from Facism, would be disappointed in you.

But John Prater, the recently elected president of ALPA, campaigned on pledge to rethink and perhaps abandon that position. Tough economic conditions for the industry have eroded pilot pensions and wages, prompting more veteran pilots to look to extend their careers and add to their earnings.

Another turn of senior ALPA eating the young.

I think its time that we start stacking all the ALPA MEC's and running our own candidates and take ALPA national. If the old guys want to play the game like this then the can be completely marginalised and get NO support for anything.

ALPA has screwed us younger guys for the last time.

@#@!#$

And to think we wasted negotiating capital to provide better retirement benefits to these geezers at FedEx.

!$@#$@#%!@#%

and double !@#$!@#$@#%

Thanks.....now I will have to fly till I die. And I bet I get penalized for going before 65 now...with no extra multiplier for YOS since I would have 25 years at 60.

@#$!#$@!#$@!#$@

Time for a "No Geezers" sticker for the luggage.

Last edited:
Relax children. Everything will be all right.

Now settle down gramps with your condescending attitude. 20,000 hours is certainly nothing to be proud of. You've definitely screwed up to have spent that much time in an aluminum tube before retiring.

BBB

Now settle down gramps with your condescending attitude. 20,000 hours is certainly nothing to be proud of. You've definitely screwed up to have spent that much time in an aluminum tube before retiring.

What BBB are you a rat with wings, you know those seaguls types that you have to throw rocks at to get them flying?

I have to give Boiler credit.. He actually seems to know what he's talking about. What you guys forget, is the money you put away when your young is the most important money there is.... Basically, if you get hired by a major at 28 and you figure to upgrade at 35, but now you can't upgrade until 40, they extra money you would have made being a captain for 5 years, when invested for 20 years, would be worth more than the money your gonna make between the ages of 60 and 65. Now, pilots are gonna have to work an extra 5 years to make less money.. Can someone please explain how this is a good thing for us?? The only people this helps is the old guys who didn't plan accordingly, or the guys who had all their eggs in one basket and got screwed. I would almost be willing to say that the only people this is gonna help is the guys who get hired after about 40 years of age, with those between 35 and 40 being about a wash. Those who got hired under 35 are getting screwed..

For those of you who don't get it. Take the extra 60K or so a year of being a captain 5 years earlier, put it in a good investment account, and that money will be worth more in 20 years than what you will make your last 5 years of flying. Hopefully this makes sense now. This is not a good thing for pilots...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back