• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

News On Skywest?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No crew furloughs announced anywhere in SWOL. 40% reduction on the MKE base due to Midwest cutbacks.

I assume most of those guys and gals will go to ORD. New hiring probably wont be seen for a while.

Just read an internal note about this. If you are with SKW, take a look at the board room on SWOL. If not... then tough beans I guess.

-Goose

Also check out the SAPA Forum. Lots of positive stuff. Sounds like no furloughs and some interesting potential for movement in the next few months. I hope that announcement comes through in a week like they are talking about. Good Stuff!

I assume most of those guys and gals will go to ORD. New hiring probably wont be seen for a while.

I'd guess it would be at least until Spring '09 until we run another new hire class, but that is just an uninformed WAG.

flyerdan said:
Also check out the SAPA Forum. Lots of positive stuff. Sounds like no furloughs and some interesting potential for movement in the next few months. I hope that announcement comes through in a week like they are talking about. Good Stuff!

That certainly IS good news. I don't know about you, but I'm breathing a sigh of relief... albeit a small one!

Best of luck to all out there! These are tough times!

-Goose

Last edited:
The latest and greatest is a LAX base tentatively to open Oct 1st. Plan is for about 80 crews. No furloughs.

The latest and greatest is a LAX base tentatively to open Oct 1st. Plan is for about 80 crews. No furloughs.

OH MY GOSH, that would be a "best case scenario" for me. Away with you LAX-SLC commuters!! Go back to your smoggy homeland! (I keed, I keed... but not really. :) )

-Goose

Latest resources

Back