• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

News On Skywest?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Anyone have any news about skywest i.e. when a new class date will be run? Schedule reductions? etc etc...

If I had to venture a guess, from my limited inside knowledge I'd say no new classes until spring.

Oh, and here's a thought to ponder... Being that the airlines are in such bad shape financially, and looking at every way possible to cut costs. Now add to the mix potentially thousands of unemployed pilots looking for work. When and If the airlines (more specifically the regional types) start hiring again I wonder if we are going to see a revival of PFT (Pay-for-Training), Unpaid new hire training, etc. all over again. I hope not!

Didn't someone say they're going to stop the Midwest flying resulting in job losses?
No. The Midwest side is going from 22 down to 11 aircraft. However, no one expects Midwest to survive through the year.

If I had to venture a guess, from my limited inside knowledge I'd say no new classes until spring.

Oh, and here's a thought to ponder... Being that the airlines are in such bad shape financially, and looking at every way possible to cut costs. Now add to the mix potentially thousands of unemployed pilots looking for work. When and If the airlines (more specifically the regional types) start hiring again I wonder if we are going to see a revival of PFT (Pay-for-Training), Unpaid new hire training, etc. all over again. I hope not!
I think there is still a shortage of pilots and age 65 has a lot to do with these furloughs as much as oil. I don't think PFT will come back, I would bet that a lot of folks will leave the aviation industry.

I think there is still a shortage of pilots and age 65 has a lot to do with these furloughs as much as oil. I don't think PFT will come back, I would bet that a lot of folks will leave the aviation industry.

Huh????????What????????

Uhhhh...No. Not so much.

Tough times ahead. Hopefully the further we fall, the higher we will climb in the next upswing.

Anyone have any news about skywest i.e. when a new class date will be run? Schedule reductions? etc etc...

My guess, after all the future furloughs are recalled.

There's an aviation picnic right now, and all the airlines are going, including the Regionals this time. Would you like your $hit sandwich on wheat or white?

Sorry to be cynical, but I wouldn't expect much of anything from any airline right now.

(I know SKW hasn't announced furloughs, but this is the gist of the industry right now)

Latest resources

Back