• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Newhire classes - SWA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Also spoke with Jennifer and probably wont see Jan class. Typed in August and hoping for more classes.:confused:

Typed Sept 14th. Sounds like a little more of a wait but the light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter and I think I hear the whistle!

Just heard from Jennifer, just found out that they now are having classes till April , two per month, except one in February. She was not able to tell me if I would be in one of those due to the fact that she had just found this out. Great news!!! I also believe that since these classes are being held you will see SWA take delivery of their a/c in the not to distant future.

hello

Everyone in class 20 and 21 was typed around the end of June - first week in July.

SWA has taken delivery (or will shortly) of 12 a/c which will not be put into service, yet. They are parked somewhere. Plans are to bring them online in April when the schedule changes.

They will be swaping a couple new 700s for some old 200s

I have heard we were 200 pilots short before any callups (with the war) New a/c = more pilots also.

SWA/FO,
If all of you that were in the originally scheduled class of sept27 and were all ready to go the first week of july, then it would be a good estimate that there was a two month wait period(ie 100+-pool guys). What do you think of my formula?

Guys..
It would seem that SWA is moving really fast right now..I talked with Jennifer and she said no classes after Jan..A few hours later shes saying that they have classes planned thru April..Lets hope by the end of the week we all get the call...

Yee Haa

MLBWINGBORN

Lets see..
I interviewed on May 15th..
Passed board third week in June..
Got type on August 14th...
Got call from SWA saying i was in the pool August 16..
Got funky "dont leave your present job" letter a week later...
Was told November for a class date in late August..
Talked to SWA today..Was told i wouldnt make the January classes..But that was before all the other changes that happened later today..
So...WHo knows for sure..Ive got sources that have said two classes of 26 per month thru end of April..

Yee Haa..

MLBWINGBORN

Guys..
Just got off the phone with a friend of mine..He got the call today asking what class dates he could make in Jan..
He was typed in April..Both Dates in Jan were available when they called...

MLBWINGBORN

I say it was a three month wait for class after type. This was before 9/11.

I'd guess 200-250 waiting for classes..(just my guess)

Latest resources

Back