New York - Times Square / Broadway Dining

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FurloughedAgain said:
Got the Marriott for free with the wife's frequent flier reward so we'll probably stick with that. I appreciate the advice though.

We're going to see "Wicked" at the Gershwin.

Any real good deli or something uniquely New York?

There's the world famous Carnegie Deli not far from Times Square. Or if you're a big Letterman fan you could try the Hello Deli and meet Rupert G.

I sure do miss the Marquis. Especially because I wasn't paying for it.

The wife likes the idea of the Stage Deli -- We may give that a shot.

One more question -- Anyone know what time the Daily Show (John Stewart) tapings begin and end?

Thought maybe we might try and catch that while we're there as well.

The RedEye Grill is my favorite restaurant in NYC and maybe anywhere - it has an assortment of items - but leans towards the seafood side of things. It is a little N of the Theater District - but you can walk it if you want a stroll after dinner or take a cab for a quick ride. It is at 58th and 7th.

I recommed the Crab stuffed shrimp and the creme brulee Cheesecake!

http://www.redeyegrill.com/

Have a blast!

FurloughedAgain said:
One more question -- Anyone know what time the Daily Show (John Stewart) tapings begin and end?

Ticket Requests:
To request tickets to attend a live taping of the Daily Show with Jon Stewart, please contact us via email at [email protected] by 11:30AM on Fridays - one week prior to the date of interest.

We currently have tickets available for the following dates:

• July 18-21
  • July 25-28
  • August 1-4
  • August 8-11
If you are interested in attending one of these shows, please send your request to [email protected]. Tickets will be made available to the first sixty (60) people who respond per date. General Ticket Holders

• It is important you respond to the e-mail we send you containing your ticket information. By responding to this e-mail, you will confirm your attendance at the taping.
  • We recommend you arrive at least one hour prior to when our doors open. Doors open at 5:20PM
  • If your entire party is not on the line with you, you may only hold their space until 5PM. After 5PM, you run the risk of having the rest of your party turned away.
VIP Ticket Holders

• It is important that you arrive at our studio between 5PM and 5:15PM. If you are not present at that time, you run the risk of being turned away.
Stand-By Admission

• If you are interested in attempting to gain access to our studio via Stand-By Admission, please arrive at our studio by 5PM. Sorry, we are unable to guarantee access to the taping.
Studio Information:
The Daily Show with Jon Stewart tapes every Monday through Thursday at the Daily Show studio which is located at 733 11th Avenue, between 51st Street and 52nd Street in New York City. Doors open at 5:20PM. You must be 18 or over to attend (tickets are required for attendance).

Thank you for your interest in The Daily Show with Jon Stewart!

Curious,

Has anyone used Amtrak to get from Penn Station to Boston, South station?

We've never traveled by rail before (dont have airline travel passes anymore) and we're curious what to expect.

We got 2 coach seats for $110 total.

Might try Sardi's. Good food and atmosphere. Well known Restaurant in the area and you might even see a few stars. It is right in the vicinity of the Marriott Marquis. If I recall, one block over.

Try Dallas BBQ, wait they shut down the Times Square location, there is another BBQ place a block away on 44th I believe called Virgils, but not as good. You may want to make the trip to the upper east side or visit some of the other Dallas BBQ locations. Get their Baby Back Ribs...mmm yumm!
http://www.dallasbbq.com/

I always thought all the Times Square restaurants were tourists traps, well because, they are! Honestly NYC food isnt as good as the West Coast but there are a few exceptions. I love LaMellas in Little Italy, its a fixed course meal, dont get their antipasto unless you like chunks of mozerella and eggplant. Come to my neck of the woods in Queens, you'll find all sorts of cuisines!

Latest resources

Back