• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New York - Times Square / Broadway Dining

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I would recommend Marchi's E. 31. It is alittle out of the way but the foood is very very good (not excellent but not the excellent price either). About $40-45 per person, without tip, tax of alcohol. Their motto is "No sign outside, no menu inside". I think it is oneof the best values in NYC dining. From its web site...

You will not be provided with a menu—no decision, no problems! Instead you'll suddenly find set before you . . .

The First Course consists of platters of antipasto . . . celery, melon, radishes, finocchio (a delicious Italian winter celery), Genoa salami, and a Lorenzo salad created by Signor Lorenzo Marchi, consisting of tuna fish, olives, capers, chopped celery, parsley, and red cabbage.

The Second Course is a steaming portion of lasagna, unlike any you have ever tasted. The pasta, of course, is homemade, and the sauce, made by Signor Lorenzo Marchi, is a family secret perfected only after many years of patient improvements.

Next you will be served delectably crisp, deep-fried fish, which virtually melts in your mouth. Savory cold beets and string beans are prepared with a simple oil and vinegar dressing to accompany it. As in everything you'll taste at Marchi's Restaurant, the flavors are delicate and subtle. Each dish has just a hint of something unusual in the way of seasoning to tempt your palate.

It's a far cry from the heavy concoctions usually thought of as typically Italian. Keep this in mind when choosing one of the fine Italian wines available. We offer an extensive wine list.

The Fourth Course consists of roast chicken and moist, tender slices of roast veal accompanied by a heaping platter of superbly cooked fresh mushrooms and a bowl of tossed salad.

The Fifth Course is dessert. You will find your table laden with a bowl of fruit, consisting of peaches, bananas, oranges, pears, and apples so perfect you'll think that they came straight out of a still life picture. A delicious cheese will also be served to complement the fruit. For your sweet tooth, there is the Crema Fritta (a lemon fritter) and a spectacular mound of Crostoli, which is crisp, fragile, deep-fried twists sprinkled with powdered sugar and piled high on the platter in an arrangement that looks like a fairytale castle.

Your dinner is completed with a serving of a demitasse. American coffee or tea is also available. Please visit us for a fine dining experience you will not soon forget!

You may also check out the restaurants with the NYC 2005 meals. $20.05 for a whole meal. Cite is also a steak house whcoih has a good prix fixe meal including all the wine you can drink.

Have fun.

Sardis is good. It's on 42nd or 44th (?).

Frankie and Johnnies is right across from the Mildew Plaza and is a really nice place to bring the little lady. My wife and I ate their on our anniversary and saw Michael Douglas and his better half in there. Really good service but $$.

The grill at Rockefeller Plaza is kinda cool because you are seated right by the statue that overlooks the skating rink during the winter months. Neat atmoshphere.

If you decide to eat at Tavern on the Green, don't "No Show" on your reservation becaue they will charge about $40 to your credit card for not showing up for your reservation. They require the credit card to hold your reservation. This could have changed. This happened to a friend of mine.

The ESPN Sports Bar on Times Square is always a good place for a Burger and a Beer. Occaisional celebrity sightings there. Appartently Adam Sandler goes there quite often. Maybe not a good place for the anniversary, but keep it in mind.

The Blue Fin is a really nice seafood restaurant close to Times Square.

Good Luck. I hope you have a great time.

BBD

Latest resources

Back