Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FurloughedAgain

Cabin Heating & Air Tech.
Taking the wife to the big apple for our aniversary. Got tickets to a show she wanted to see on Broadway and a room at the Mariott Marquis on Times Square.

Now all I have to do is figure out what to do about dinner.

It's been several years since my overnights at the infamous Mildew...er I mean Milford Plaza and I dont remember what is around there to eat.

I dont want to go CRAZY (read: expensive) but I would like to go somewhere unique, something fun and interesting that we can do before the show (walking distance preferably).

Anyone have any suggestions?

Also looking for suggestions on getting from EWR to Times Square. The hotel has a shuttle to Penn Station for the second leg of our trip so that part is taken care of.

Thanks in advance!

From EWR, take the Newark Liberty Airport Express (Manhattan-West Side) for $13 OW/$22 RT

Every 30 Minutes to Port Authority Bus Terminal (42nd Street & 8th Avenue-Airport Bus Center).
5:05 AM - 1:00 AM
15 -20 minutes travel time, longer at peak hours

It'll drop you off in the heart of Times Square

www.newarklibertyairportexpress.com

For other options:

http://www.panynj.gov/aviation/egtsfram.htm

Cheap plug: a friend of mine is part owner of Eight Mile Creek, a great Australian restaurant, but it's in lower Manhattan.

http://www.eightmilecreek.com/

Foley's Fish House is in the Rennaissance hotel there in Times Square and overlooks the action in Times Square. Prices aren't too crazy and the view is great. Food is good and reservations are recommended.

I appreciate that. Seafood I presume? What time would you make reservations for if you have tickets to an 8pm show?

yep, seafood. Here's the website: http://www.foleysfishhouse.com/

I would go with a 6:30 reservation for a 8pm show. You're only a few blocks from all the theaters.

If you like Italian than Carmine's is a great place with family style dining. They won't take reservations, though for groups less than 6. So show up early. www.carminesnyc.com

What show you guys going to see?

FurloughedAgain said:
Taking the wife to the big apple for our aniversary. Got tickets to a show she wanted to see on Broadway and a room at the Mariott Marquis on Times Square.

Now all I have to do is figure out what to do about dinner.

It's been several years since my overnights at the infamous Mildew...er I mean Milford Plaza and I dont remember what is around there to eat.

I dont want to go CRAZY (read: expensive) but I would like to go somewhere unique, something fun and interesting that we can do before the show (walking distance preferably).

Anyone have any suggestions?

Also looking for suggestions on getting from EWR to Times Square. The hotel has a shuttle to Penn Station for the second leg of our trip so that part is taken care of.

Thanks in advance!

Might try Carmines right there around the corner from the Milford Plaza. Good Italian but the portions tend to be huge, therefore causing you to fall asleep during the show! Also, you might want to think about the Rennaissance just down the street from the Marriott. Stayed there last month and found it to be a better choice than the Marriott. Seems like you can stand in line for the elevators at the Marriott for hours when things get crowded, The Shusi bar in the Marriott is pretty good though. Ben Bensons steak house over on 56th(?) is excellent if you like that fare.

Got the Marriott for free with the wife's frequent flier reward so we'll probably stick with that. I appreciate the advice though.

We're going to see "Wicked" at the Gershwin.

Any real good deli or something uniquely New York?

Last edited:
FurloughedAgain said:
Got the Marriott for free with the wife's frequent flier reward so we'll probably stick with that. I appreciate the advice though.

We're going to see "Wicked" at the Gershwin.

Any real good deli or something uniquely New York?

Since Rennaissance hotels are Marriott properties I would think that your miles would be good at either. Maybe not this time, but for the future. Generally the Rennaissance properties are much superior to the Marriott chain IMHO. Also for deli food I always use the Stage Deli on I think, Broadway. Just ask ask anyone as they will know where it's located. About a 10-12 minute walk from your Marriott towards the park. Huge servings. Very plain decor.

Latest resources

Back