New USAir Payrates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
eddie02,

Just take the pay rate and multiply by 1000. That will give you a rough estimate. You can only fly 1000 hours in a year and most major pilots don't fly anywhere near that. But after you figure in vacation pay, DH pay, training pay, etc...1000 hours pay per year may come in a little low, but it is close.

Don't hang me.... just thinking outloud.

What happens when all of the pay at the majors is drug down to regional level? Will there be any more motivation to keep the regionals as a seperate entity from mainline?

Follow me through this now. EVERYONE is getting whipsawed. I can sell out my brother at another airline, but there is always someone below me that will sell me out too. We all know deep down the only way to stop this is to stand together. The only true way to stand together is "brand scope" *shiver*. One list of pilots for airplanes that fly the same paint.

How do we get there? I have no idea. Will there be blood and pain along the way? I'm sure of it. But... over the next few years, we as professional airline pilots MUST find a way to stop the erosion of our profession.

Looking at the big picture, I recognize ALPA is under assault from both inside and outside. Management is doing everything they can to beat it down. ALPA is eating its young in the form of regional carriers. The regional pilots in turn our fighting back in the form of the RJDC, which has some very valid points.

Where does it stop? How do we stop it? Am I destined to spend the next 30 years making $70,000 per year and only seeing my wife and kids 10 nights per month?

I'm certainly not a Union Bible Thumper. However, I am smart enough to recognize ALPA is a tool for all of us to use. I also realize that tool is broken right at the moment. It is up to us to figure out how to fix it. I also know, if we are truly going to fix this thing, we all are going to have to sacrafice for the good of the profession.

Anyone else having these same thoughts? Or should I just forget it and go get another beer?

J32driver said:
Don't hang me.... just thinking outloud.

What happens when all of the pay at the majors is drug down to regional level? Will there be any more motivation to keep the regionals as a seperate entity from mainline?

Follow me through this now. EVERYONE is getting whipsawed. I can sell out my brother at another airline, but there is always someone below me that will sell me out too. We all know deep down the only way to stop this is to stand together. The only true way to stand together is "brand scope" *shiver*. One list of pilots for airplanes that fly the same paint.

How do we get there? I have no idea. Will there be blood and pain along the way? I'm sure of it. But... over the next few years, we as professional airline pilots MUST find a way to stop the erosion of our profession.

Looking at the big picture, I recognize ALPA is under assault from both inside and outside. Management is doing everything they can to beat it down. ALPA is eating its young in the form of regional carriers. The regional pilots in turn our fighting back in the form of the RJDC, which has some very valid points.

Where does it stop? How do we stop it? Am I destined to spend the next 30 years making $70,000 per year and only seeing my wife and kids 10 nights per month?

I'm certainly not a Union Bible Thumper. However, I am smart enough to recognize ALPA is a tool for all of us to use. I also realize that tool is broken right at the moment. It is up to us to figure out how to fix it. I also know, if we are truly going to fix this thing, we all are going to have to sacrafice for the good of the profession.

Anyone else having these same thoughts? Or should I just forget it and go get another beer?
You've figured it out. However, don't be fooled by the current attempt at "brand" scope, which we can see from the latest Delta TA is a fiasco. In my view, the only long-term solution is to stop the entire code-share madness. One airline, one list. It will be tough, and it may never happen, but that's the only way to save this profession.

Latest resources

Back