• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New US Startup Orders 65 Airbuses

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Even if you ALL get jobs elsewhere it STILL doesn't excuse you from what you have done...........good luck sleeping at night - I know you probably do.

http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/about.php?sec=careers&ref=10002

Yikes! Not too shabby, and you're right . . this ain't bad, ain't bad AT ALL. Profit sharing, 5 day on/4 days off, no planned overnights, direct entry captains, and you can be based in BREMEN!

(ok, Bremen isn't so great).

I stand corrected, Ryanair isn't all bad. But I don't see Skybus following the same ticket. But now that I've been wrong once . . . . :0

Hell, I'd apply, but you need a type, and I don't even know what a JAR/EU license is.

Heh...consider yourself fortunate that you don't have to face the whole JAR/EU licence stuff, just as I consider myself fortunate to be able to fly on this side of the pond. :D

Do a little research on the treatment Ryanair pilots get. It ain't too good.....

Do a little research on the treatment Ryanair pilots get. It ain't too good.....

I admit that I don't know anything more about RyanAir than what I read here... but it doesn't sound so bad to me. US-$150,000 for Capt in 3-5 years, US-$100,000 for FO's, Scheduled home every night, 5 on/4 off with each 5 day period being all early shows or all late shows, stock sharing, etc.

http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/about.php?sec=careers&ref=10002

Careers

Pilot Recruitment

We are Europe’s largest low fares airline with 107 Boeing 737s and firm orders for a further 143 new Boeing 737-800s. With 25 of these aircraft arriving in the next 12 months we are inviting online applications for rated and non-rated Captains and First Officers.

What’s on offer – 5 reasons to become a Ryanair Pilot

1. Outstanding Earnings Potential
Ryanair Pilots are recognised as the best paid short haul pilots in Europe. Senior pilots in Ryanair have excellent remuneration packages as follows:

UK Eurozone
Captains Up to £100,000 Up to €130,000
First Officers (1,500 hrs) Up to £70,000 Up to €80,000

At Ryanair there are no seniority lists and there are no complicated salary scales, you can expect to reach these amounts in 3 – 5 years, with more if you take on a line training role.
2. Fixed Roster Pattern
Ryanair Pilots enjoy a stable 5 on, 4 off roster pattern comprising a week of early shifts followed by a week of late shifts. This offers our Pilots fixed days off and an ability to plan their time off which is unique in aviation. Rosters are published 4 weeks in advance.
3. Home every night
At Ryanair there are no planned overnights. If you are based at Rome-Ciampino you will start and end your day at Rome-Ciampino, barring of course technical problems or exceptional circumstances. Combined with our stable roster pattern this delivers a unique quality of life for Ryanair pilots.
4. Unrivalled Career Progression
With our aircraft deliveries and expansion plans first officers can expect to enter the command evaluation process within three years. We are also currently recruiting for Direct Entry Fast Track Command positions; first officers with more than 3,000 total hours and 500 hours on type can apply for a fast track command position, you can enter the command evaluation process after 6 months flying as a Ryanair First Officer. We also have Line Training / TRE / TRI positions available.
5. Share Options Scheme
We believe that our pilots should share in the success of the company and that’s why we have operated a share options scheme which has so far delivered individual gains of over €250,000 to Ryanair pilots since we floated on the Stock Exchange in 1997.
Bases

We will have vacancies at all 15 of our bases throughout Europe as well as two new bases which are due to be announced this summer. Our current bases are as follows:
  • London-Stansted
  • Dublin
  • Frankfurt-Hahn
  • Glasgow-Prestwick
  • Rome-Ciampino
  • London-Luton
  • Shannon
  • Brussels-Charleroi
  • Stockholm-Skavsta
  • Milan-Bergamo
  • Madrid
  • Barcelona-Girona
  • Liverpool
  • Cork
  • Pisa-Florence
  • East Midlands
  • Marseille Provence
  • Bremen
The Recruitment Process

The first step is to apply online (links below). Applicants whose experience and qualifications meet our requirements will be contacted within 5 working days to progress their application.
Suitable applicants will be invited to participate in a recruitment day at our training facility at Nottingham East Midlands Airport. Recruitment days are held every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
Recruitment days

The Recruitment day commences at 08:30 with up to ten Pilots of all experience levels assessed on any given day.
The day begins with an introduction to Ryanair and our Recruitment team. Pilots can then expect:
  • A pre-simulator briefing
  • Simulator Assessment in a B737-200 simulator – 45 minutes as both pilot flying and PNF. We assess basic handling skills, CRM and flight management.
  • Simulator debriefing
  • Technical Assessment – 45 minutes assessing your technical knowledge on your current / previous aircraft type(s)
  • Personnel Interview – Approx 45 minutes to convince us of your suitability to join Ryanair. This is your opportunity to convince us that you are the sort of person who will thrive in an environment where hard work and effort are rewarded.
All applicants who attend our Recruitment day will be contacted by phone within 24 hours with feedback; be it positive or negative.
Those who emerge successful from our Recruitment process will be offered employment with Ryanair or a place on an appropriate type rating course.
Our Requirements

Ideally you should have a JAR or EU licence and you must speak fluent English.
737 rated pilots should have a minimum of 500 hours on type.
Successful non-rated First Officers will have to acquire a 737-800 rating with a Ryanair approved training organisation. Follow the link below for details of approved training organisations.
Ryanair will support work permit applications for 737 rated Captains. Non-rated Captains and First Officers must have the unrestricted right to live and work in the EU.
Apply online

If you meet our requirements and you think Ryanair is for you then you should apply online. Before completing your application you need to choose one of the categories below which best matches your background:
RankTypeHours RequirementLink
CaptainB737500+ hrs in command on typeClick here
Medium Jet500+ hrs in command on typeClick here
First OfficerB737500+ hrs on typeClick here
JAR 25 aircraft1,500 hrs on a JAR 25 aircraftClick Here
CadetFixed Wing200 hrsClick here
Medium Jets:
  • F100
  • BAe 146
  • Airbus
  • Boeings (non 737)
  • McDonnell Douglas
  • Bac 1-11
If you are a Captain who does not meet the criteria for a command position you may apply for a position as an FO and then apply for a command upgrade after 6 months (as long as you have 3,000 total hours including 500 on type at that time).

Ryanair is an Equal Opportunities Employer

Latest resources

Back