• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New US Startup Orders 65 Airbuses

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CMH has been underserved for a long time...mainly to west coast and vacation destinations via non-stop. This is the plan of action for Skybus. Also, Columbus is a huge retail market. Abercrombie and Fitch's main headquarters, Nationwide Insurance main headquarters, Max and Erma's, and several others that I cant remember....some of you may know more. Before now, it was a connect only option to get to the business centers of the west coast.

And NetJets buys a lot of seats to and from CMH, too. We have over 400 pilots based here plus the additional traffic for initial and recurrent company training and the sims at FSI on the southeast corner of the field.

As for long-distance non-stops, I was on a Delta-branded E190 from SLC to CMH earlier this year.

My comments making fun of payrates earlier were totally unfounded, anybody know what they will actually pay? Or have a link to a website that does?

JACK + SQUAT =

YOUR SKYBUS PAYCHECK

(Looking for bus drivers here, not highly paid airline professionals. You're just another cog in the machine, remember? And an easily replaceable one at that. <sigh>)

CMH has been underserved for a long time... Also, Columbus is a huge retail market. Abercrombie and Fitch's main headquarters, Nationwide Insurance main headquarters, Max and Erma's, and several others that I cant remember....

"Max and Erma's" oh well then you're right about CMH being underserved but wrong about the aircraft type; with Max and Erma in town they probably WILL need the 380. I hope Airbus can get it going in time.

Columbus underserved? That dudes on crack, you have cincy, dayton and Cleveland all within 2 hours. Plus there's already enough flights out of cmh

just what we need, Ryanair types in the U.S.

I've ridden on them once, I liken it to greyhound.

Fitting that its called Sky-bus. Now we're officially bus drivers.

I bet they even undercut SWA and Airtran which is hard to do seeing they already undercut everyone else.

I wouldn't take the job. Not to be pessimistic, but they'll tank in a year and a half.

Columbus underserved? That dudes on crack, you have cincy, dayton and Cleveland all within 2 hours. Plus there's already enough flights out of cmh

just what we need, Ryanair types in the U.S.

I've ridden on them once, I liken it to greyhound.

Fitting that its called Sky-bus. Now we're officially bus drivers.

I bet they even undercut SWA and Airtran which is hard to do seeing they already undercut everyone else.

I wouldn't take the job. Not to be pessimistic, but they'll tank in a year and a half.

Relief my friend, could you elaborate on SWA and AAI ‘undercutting’ everyone else?
:confused:

Easyjet (ryanair's main UK competitor) flys 150 seat 319s. They have an extra overwing exit or something.

Really low fare equals really low pay. Love the part about your luggage arrives when you do! Yeah right! I would love to see that happen during Xmas season! hahahah Good luck!

I'll bet they won't have a hub. It will be outstation based aircraft and crews. If you live where the airplane lives, you'll be home EVERY day. Just do some research on ryanair and easyjet. It's simple, you have the inter-web already!!

Compenstation will be between Great Lakes and UPS.

re: Ryanair

No one seems to have mentioned the fact that (please correct me if wrong) Ryanair is THE most profitable airline on the planet. They are making a lot of money and they continue to grow. Not a bad business model to follow, if you ask me.;)

Spiff

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back