• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New TV show about LAX

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The USA Today essentially gave it 1/2 a season, 1 at the most before it's cancelled.

BTW - what the heck is it about wine that gives you such a headache if you drink too much? Ask 8 people and you get 8 answers. Any takers?

I have heard the sugar but a hangover is essentially dehydration of the brain. I don't know how it all ties together.

CubanSmoker said:
BTW - what the heck is it about wine that gives you such a headache if you drink too much? Ask 8 people and you get 8 answers. Any takers?
Yeah, when I drink too much beer, i'm ususally sitting comfortably in my couch, at home, but when I drink too much wine, I'm usually standing up in somone else's house, so when I fall over, I hit my head on something. This is one of many reasons why beer is *much* safer than wine.

rumpletumbler said:
I have heard the sugar but a hangover is essentially dehydration of the brain. I don't know how it all ties together.
Buddy of mine swears by that. He drinks massive amounts of water after he is piss drunk (if he can remember) to avoid the hangover.

Good called on the BAC vs. breath per liter thing. I missed that when I was google searching. I'll see if I can find a website that will calculate the BAC instead of the whatever the hell it was saying.

Boy Scout image?

mar said:
What happened to the Boy Scout image pilots used to have?
And I thought that in the old days pilots had that hard workin' hard playin' image which included lots of alcohol and women.

CubanSmoker said:
I seem to recall the sulfites or sulf-whatever in wine is what gives you a worse hangover with wine than other "adult beverages"....

coolyokeluke said:
So could a Lockheed L1011 roll over a crown vic if you put the throttles forward?

I only saw the trailer, but that was my thought exactly! Next they'll be using spike strips on the runway!!:D

just as an idea....im looking at an empty bottle of 'Faustino De Crianza'...a Rioja Spanish red wine.....or what was formerly that. its 750Ml, and 13% alcohol by volume.

i dont get hangovers as bad with this as i do with beer/alcohols. i get more of a very warm fuzzy drunk feeling instead. but ill tell you that 5 bottles of this would kill a mule.

and its true...if youre slobberingly drunk. drink all kinds of water. you will avoid the hangover totally....however you might pi$$ yourself in your sleep....and then your buddies sofa will be forever known as ...."is that the pee couch?"

Airpiraterob said:
however you might pi$$ yourself in your sleep....and then your buddies sofa will be forever known as ...."is that the pee couch?"
I presume you avow no knowledge of any involvement in such an exercise... :D

oh absolutely not
that experience happened to a friend of mine....no....really......its true!

Latest resources

Back