• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New SONG expansion

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes, the 3 NYC airport ad slogan will be gone. EWR competition and congestion just got to us. So, we are using some of those planes for new service from BOS to LAX (2 daily), BOS to SFO (2 daily), and a new nonstop from BDL to LAX. (allnight return) We also just started Song service from JFK to SEA, SFO, LAX, SJU, and AUA.

Bye Bye--General Lee

What? Shocking!

Could it be that Song was losing money on those routes? Could it be? Wonder what routes you are really making any money on?

And General, are you going to go back and edit all your posts that went on and on about serving all three NY airports? Have you heard a rumor 'bout the next JetBlue city? Competition and congestion notwithstanding . . .

News Flash

Song and Ted are getting ready to merge. The new airline will be named "Ted's Schlong".

Skygod said:
What? Shocking!

Could it be that Song was losing money on those routes? Could it be? Wonder what routes you are really making any money on?

And General, are you going to go back and edit all your posts that went on and on about serving all three NY airports? Have you heard a rumor 'bout the next JetBlue city? Competition and congestion notwithstanding . . .

Hey, we gave it a shot. EWR is called the "Sewark" for a reason. The congestion there is too much. And, why do I have to edit my old posts? We did serve, and continue to until Sept. 6th, all three NYC airports. Do you? I was told by one of your guys via a PM that you would also start EWR, but that never materialized either.

Is Song profitable? Well, we don't really know as pee-ons (pilots), but we seem to be adding many flights, and the flights are full (I know, that might not mean anything if we aren't making money....)---so I think it is doing well. I think the Song brand is catching on and becoming better known. We keep your airline in check, that is for sure. Grinstein likes Song, and says it is a great tool against YOU GUYS. I believe it. I don't think that operation is losing that much money at all, in fact, it probably is profitable.

So, where oh where would you be starting new service? Probably not ATL anytime soon, until maybe you get some E190s. I saw you started new Ponce flights, even though the times are gawd awful. Any idea of another "focus city?" It will be interesting to see where your E190s and buses go after the introduction of the E190 fleet. Let's just hope you guys have the ballz someday to get your E190 pay increased. $89 an hour for 12 year Captain pay really isn't that good for a 100 seat aircraft.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
bestpilot said:
Blue Homer Simpson...Duuude, that's like just

Are you on dope? Do you look like Sean Penn on Fast Times at Ridgmont High?

Bye Bye--General Lee

General Lee said:
Hey, we gave it a shot. EWR is called the "Sewark" for a reason. The congestion there is too much.

You're blaming congestion for Song's failure at EWR? That's hilarious. Why isn't Song abandoning LGA...it's just as bad as EWR? Song is leaving EWR because CO kicked Song's butt.

We keep your airline in check, that is for sure. Grinstein likes Song, and says it is a great tool against YOU GUYS.

How exactly is Song keeping JetBlue in check? JetBlue is growing like crazy in Song markets. JetBlue is also making money and has near record LF's, so I don't think Song is stealing a lot of customers away.

MedFlyer said:
You're blaming congestion for Song's failure at EWR? That's hilarious. Why isn't Song abandoning LGA...it's just as bad as EWR? Song is leaving EWR because CO kicked Song's butt.

How exactly is Song keeping JetBlue in check? JetBlue is growing like crazy in Song markets. JetBlue is also making money and has near record LF's, so I don't think Song is stealing a lot of customers away.

Here we go again, the expert RJ pilot who knows everything about Song. We don't have the room(gates) at EWR, we can't expand there. We were never big there, and the Song expansion at LGA really took over our mainline service to FLA. I am sure our Song 757s are preferred over CAL 757s to FLA--we have better IFE and probably better fares. I am sure CAL did beat us because we couldn't offer enough service to compete. CAL doesn't compete with us out of LGA for the same reason. At least we tried to offer service to FLA from EWR. But, you know otherwise.

Jetblue is expanding on the same routes as Song? Jetblue did take our old terminal at BOS, and they started some flights. Great. They got some slots at LGA, and started flights to FLL. Great. Our flights from the same cities are full too. Can you really say Jetblue is profitable? How about they don't lose as much as the others, including us? That's better.

And, how do you know if Song is stealing passengers or is not? I hear it all the time when I fly those flights. Is Jetblue stealing some of Comair's passengers to MLB or PNS from JFK? Oh wait, you seem to sit in front of both Jetblue and Song gates in JFK and take polls..... I said in my last post that I THINK Song is doing well by my own accounts, and that Grinstein said he uses Song as a tool against Jetblue. He said that, and he knows a lot more than you or I about what is going on. If it weren't for high fuel prices, both DL and JB would be doing better. When will Comair be IPO'd? Soon hopefully.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
General Lee said:
Can you really say Jetblue is profitable? How about they don't lose as much as the others, including us? That's better.

Hey General,

Say what? Usually you make sense. Even though your bias is towards DAL/Song as mine is for JetBlue I say again: WTF, over.

I hope Delta turns the financial corner to prosperity! But I swear every "positive" post about Delta has me replaying the Animal House scene where Dean Wormer comes in to house to confront them on their grades. Hoover, "I know are grades are a little below par, but we are hoping our mid-terms grades will really help us out"

Otter to Greinstein, "you know what we have to do...roadtrip! "

Latest resources

Back