New Skywest RJ rates????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dr. Detroit

Don't mess w/ the doctor. Do you guys need a pimp? I only charge 88%! Bring all you have and borrow some, you are still going to lose! LOL

So tell me, are pilots really as miserable as their posts would indicate? If so, why don't you just quit? Is it really worth it? It seems to me, from what I read here, that being an airline pilot pretty much bites. And if the working conditions continue along the same path that they are on, why not just go do something else? Fact is you have to be a pretty bright individual with quite a bit going on upstairs to learn all you need to know to fly. Instead of crying about it, take your intelligence and apply it somewhere else.

daddysquared said:
It seems to me, from what I read here, that being an airline pilot pretty much bites.

Very acute observation, with the key words, "From what I read here."

I will be so bold as to suggest that those opinions expressed on this board tend to represent and very small and extremely vocal minority of opinions. Many posts you read here are of people extremely hot under the collar and needing to vent.

You're probably not gonna hear too much from the guy who likes walking out to the airport as the sun rises, meets his crew in the lounge and shares a few laughs with other pilots, jumps in his plane and finds himself completely surrounded in a world of professionals (ATC, rampers, fellow crew members). This same guy (or girl) digs the people, the job, and god help him, he still really likes the view... He thinks about friends making buckets of cash (in other industries), but wouldn't change it for anything.

I fly with new captains and I fly with 20 years with the company old dogs, but I have flown with very few who complain. It just seems that they are the ones who talk the most.

I do not mean to disrespect those with legitimate axes to grind, but I would recommend to all out there to be suspicious of sources.

I have flown for crappy companies in the past. It sucks: I hated it, and I couldn't wait to move on, but the only happiness I had at that time was the flying and the "misery loves company" gallows-humor of other pilots still stuck there with me. I think happiness (in life and flying) depends on making good decisions and being fairly lucky, probably in equal parts. That in mind, I wish the best for all those out there.

Sorry for the rambling post, but I do very much love my job...

Nice post Rogue5. I am still wiping away the tears!

MKAY! :D :D

Oh yeah, I love my job too!

It is amazing to see the amount of vulgarity here. Come on guys (and gals) I enjoy debating on this site but can we cut out the garbage?

For those at ASA and Comair that think we (SKYW) signed our TA to"steal" or get 70 seat RJ's you should relax. As I understand it after 03' we have no more growth on the Delta side, although you guys are getting more flying out of SLC. Heck, you guys are getting the better parking spots & the good overnights (OAK & SBA)! In my opinion this TA was about not losing UAL.

Personally, I voted no on the TA because of the whole 99 seats for same pay. Am I disappointed? Yeah. Does it do me any good to complain or hear everyone else in the crew lounge complain? No. It's done. I still enjoy my job & wouldn't trade it for any other regional. I am not going to contemplate what will happen in 18 months. I will deal with it when it happens.;)

What a bunch of bs. Can any of you honestly say that when
you voted you were were thinking of your "Brothers" at
(fill in the regional of choice)? My guess would be no.

Besides the pilots, tell me what other employee group has
been allowed to vote on any of this stuff?

MW

Morning Wood, No body is realy thinking about the brothers at the other airlines. McDonalds isn't trying to figure out how it can bless Burger King and Carl's Jr. Southwest isn't trying to figure out how they can bless United, and Skywest isn't trying to figure out how they can give bussiness away. Every bussiness is trying to save itself. That's what it comes down to. What's best for us isn't necessarily best for everyone else. Each airline makes it's own decisions about what is best for it.

Jeepman said:
It is amazing to see the amount of vulgarity here. Come on guys (and gals) I enjoy debating on this site but can we cut out the garbage?

For those at ASA and Comair that think we (SKYW) signed our TA to"steal" or get 70 seat RJ's you should relax. As I understand it after 03' we have no more growth on the Delta side, although you guys are getting more flying out of SLC. Heck, you guys are getting the better parking spots & the good overnights (OAK & SBA)! In my opinion this TA was about not losing UAL.

Personally, I voted no on the TA because of the whole 99 seats for same pay. Am I disappointed? Yeah. Does it do me any good to complain or hear everyone else in the crew lounge complain? No. It's done. I still enjoy my job & wouldn't trade it for any other regional. I am not going to contemplate what will happen in 18 months. I will deal with it when it happens.;)

OAK????? I agree with SBA................... OAK----- Beirut by the Bay.

AF:D

Pareto

Pareto effect- why are people surprised when "crummy" TAs pass with 70%? It's the 80-20 rule; 80% of the posters speak for 20% of the population.

And if a TA passes well (ACA, SkyWest), maybe you nay-sayers should leave room for the possibility that other people from time-to-time are smarter than you.

Latest resources

Back