New SkyWest Pay Package Riding Coattails of ASA/XJT

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nevets,

Could you please describe the current profit sharing/bonus/incentive/whatever you want to call it program that exists at ASA and tell us where that came from?

What does ASA call that anyway?

Where did that come from?

In 2007, the ASA negotiating committee was NOT in favor of a performance guarantee. We were, however, in favor of a higher payrate (guaranteeing more money regardless of industry swings.) In a good faith effort to wrap up 5 years of negotiating, ASA agreed with Atkin and Co. to take on the "Performance Plus." So far, the money returned to the pilot group has been dismal. We hit all performance guarantees and a Captains check would be lucky to see around $350 after taxes. I hope that answers your question.

Nevets,

Could you please describe the current profit sharing/bonus/incentive/whatever you want to call it program that exists at ASA and tell us where that came from?

What does ASA call that anyway?

Where did that come from?

Is your point that part of the profit and therefore the profit sharing you got came off the backs of Skywest pilots' back?

It was "negotiated" without any leverage and without coffering with ASA/XJT ALPA. It undermines the joint contract negotiations and will be used against ASA/XJT during negotiations. Especially since there is nothing in it that is better than what XJT or ASA already has. You want to help? Unionize so that we can all strategize, share, communicate together instead of being left to be used against each other. We would all be in the room together and not get any of this well they agreed to xyz when they mischaracterized it or put it out of context, etc. We all need to understand that what you do is not in a vacuum. It will affect the industry and ASA/XJT acutely. We all need to understand that we all are one company now and we should work together taker than against each other like Peidmont and PSA do in their contract negotiations. Hell, they even include a separate company in their negotiations by inviting AirW to the table. Can't do that if you keep sitting on your hands and stay on the sidelines while everyone else tries to help each other out.

I could go on and on but that is most of the gist of it.

Yes, I'm sure the SkyWest pilots would love to have a five year drag out of contract negotiations. Unionize now!

Yes, I'm sure the SkyWest pilots would love to have a five year drag out of contract negotiations. Unionize now!

You are dumb! Enjoy your "agreement!"

Oh, and....your welcome!

You are dumb! Enjoy your "agreement!"

Oh, and....your welcome!

No, I know exactly what he was saying. Just figured I'd be as dumb about it as everyone else in this thread. And, no, YOU are welcome.

No, I know exactly what he was saying. Just figured I'd be as dumb about it as everyone else in this thread. And, no, YOU are welcome.

Just how am I welcome??? Your group has done EXACTLY WHAT for any other group?? Mine does all your negotiating. So, I say again. YOUR WELCOME.

I'm just a dispatcher. And you are welcome for being able to join this airline that has gone from being unsellable to the industry leader. Enjoy your stay here.

Just how am I welcome??? Your group has done EXACTLY WHAT for any other group?? Mine does all your negotiating. So, I say again. YOUR WELCOME.

Umm its You're, as in "you are"!

So far, the money returned to the pilot group has been dismal. We hit all performance guarantees and a Captains check would be lucky to see around $350 after taxes.

The program was copied from SKYW. ASA's program is not quite as good as the SKYW program but that's where it came from. My check has averaged $824 per quarter over the past five years. Hope ASA/EXPJET JCBA can get that equalized or improved over what SKYW has. If you can, I wouldn't try and demean you by saying you were riding SKYW's coat tails. Why don't we try something less offensive like "incremental improvement?"

Pilot's attacking pilots is not productive.

Is your point that part of the profit and therefore the profit sharing you got came off the backs of Skywest pilots' back?

No. The point is ASA pilots were able to incorporate something into their contract that SKYW pilots already had. Unfortunately, it wasn't the exact same program but somewhat less beneficial.

Again, pilots attacking other pilots is not productive.

Latest resources

Back