Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Must be at least 21 years of age
Commerical Licencse
All applicants will need a current first class medical (which will be verified at your interview)
Must be a United States citizen or show proof of right to work in the US
Must be a United States citizen or show proof of right to work in the US
FCC Radio License
Current U.S. Passort
Willing to rescind seniority with current carrier

Somebody was in a rush to update the requirements page.

1. What is a "Commerical Licensce?"
2. How do I obtain a "Passort?"

Last edited:
I am not bashing any regional pilot. If I had the chance to fly a jet with 500TT, I would have jumped at the chance.

HOWEVER, we as professionals have to start addressing this trend (trend being if qualified apps won't work for food stamps, unqualified apps will) before it absolutely destroys our industry. We need to work to raise our profession, and this is a big part of it.

just my 2c....

If they lowered their minimums I still don't understand how one can apply with less then 1000TT. I'm at 750/120 and their app system wouldn't let me finish the application process...it said: "not qualified"

My guess is they haven't updated their software/website, whatever they use, to reflect the new mins.

Be patient young skywalker...

Well I guess they're finally having a hard time finding people who want to work unprotected...

Even if have relaxed the mins, they are still not hiring everyone who has 1000 hours who can fog a mirror.

When I was hired in 2007, just over 50% were making it all the way through the interview process. I have a friend in ground school now, who tells me those numbers are about the same.

Hi!

Some regionals are hiring guys without the Commerical. When they pass their sim check, they get their commercial.

cliff
YIP

This to me is good to hear.....it shows airlines better start paying up or go under!!! Where there is low supply and high demand means $$$$$$$!

No mins, guess that's what you get when you drive another airline into the ground.

How did SkyWest run Skyway into the ground in less than a year? Why didn't Skyway have more airplanes or a different airplane that was still being built? Those are questions that SkyWay or Midwest probably iknows the answers to.

You seem to think Skyway was making fists full of cash prior to SkyWest flying for Midwest.

Hi!

Some regionals are hiring guys without the Commerical. When they pass their sim check, they get their commercial.

cliff
YIP

What "regionals" would that be? Forgive me for sounding skeptical. Are you talking about ab initio programs some foreign carriers have?

Not Really

The more I work as an FO, the more convinced I am that it's not the number of hours that dictates the pilot's level of skill. There are far more factors than just that. It's actually a little refreshing to see my company acknowledge that fact.

-Goose

What the company has realized is that they cannot fill thier new-hire classes.

Latest resources

Back