• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New Skywest mins....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah the mins have gone down. Before they were 850 TT for 121 guys. It's gone now, but it doesn't mean you'll get a call at the Commercial pilot mins. It just opens the door more to hire guys with experience at other regionals. If a guy gets hired at another regional with 250 total time, gets 400-500 hours in an RJ, this gives us the chance to look at him. Nothing important here, keep moving.

Maybe that 1% raise will help attract the real talent and experience? :laugh:

At what point does the obvious shortage of qualified applicants become a limiting factor in the growth of the "Mc Airline" phenomenon?

They are hiring to replace us poor ASA bastards

umm...no. Can you say Skyway? You guys are doing fine in comparison

No mins, guess that's what you get when you drive another airline into the ground.

SKYW captains, get use to being unnoficial IOE CA's without the pay, and so much for a USAtoday. You'll instead be watching intently so the 20 year old to your right doesn't take your ticket.

So if they have lowered their minimums how does one apply? I tried the jobs page at Skywest web site but it won't let me complete my app. When I enter my TT it says "not qualified"

Wow, never thought I'd see the day...

But the real question is can they pass the interview? (Although I must admit that I was probably more ready for an airline interview with 500TT than I was after 700 mind-numbing hours of flight instructing.)

The more I work as an FO, the more convinced I am that it's not the number of hours that dictates the pilot's level of skill. There are far more factors than just that. It's actually a little refreshing to see my company acknowledge that fact.

-Goose

Last edited:
Just because 1,000/100 is no longer a hard number, it doesn't mean that we are hiring 500 hour guys like mesa is. Unless I'm ill-informed, we were about the last regional that was requiring at least 1,000 hours total time...everyone else lowered the bar first.

During the last hiring boom, all of the legacy carriers' mins were "hours commensurate with experience".

So what are we really talking about here?

But they wanted people WITH experience!! hahaha :beer:

Like Yonited's ethnic and female 300 hour wonders? Or the interns and sons of chief pilots?

Point is, don't bash the regionals for something everyone has done at one point.

Latest resources

Back