Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Jack Mehoff

I PITTY DA FOO!
OK so what about this situation. What if a Junior Reserve pilot is somehow getting flying through scheduling out of seniority? Such as instead of sitting Ready Reserve he takes a trip from the senior reserve pilot on the shift so the senior pilot ends up Sitting ready in his place.

Would you call this a Scab, a Whore or just general ****************************** Bag?

These are the kind of losers that don't believe in paying dues and would gladly sign up for Blow Jets, Freedum A, or alter ego adventures as long as they get to be first in line when they are 6 monts on the job.

Did he cross a strike picket line?

If the answer is NO, then that rules out the term SCAB. People overuse that term so much that the original meaning is diluted almost to the point where it doesn't mean much.

If he is somehow violating a contract then he is a self-serving individual. If, on the other hand, there are no trip protections for the senior reserve pilot then I think the "effort" should be directed elsewhere -- i.e. improving provisions of the work rules.

Last edited:
How is he getting "it" is the question. i'd be more pissed at scheduling

Banging a scheduler? are they an ex-scheduler? Whats the contract say? If you don't have a contract you don't have a beef either way.

I whole heartedly agree with the Captian on this one...and I will add:.it seems like you and others should focus on their own lives and stop worrying about what the other guy is doing.....relax ...I know Im going to get bashed for saying this.....but it seems most younger regional guys get all crybaby if there is a perception of the 'other guy' getting one over on them....just an honest observation.

My proof: Watch as this thread explodes with name calling on this section in relation to how it would fade away on the major forum.

Last edited:
There are definetely some D***bags at the regional that I am at that constantly pester the schedulers for flying. These are the guys that made Freedumb A happen. "I need to get my time" is understandable but not by being a company Ho

I need to pay my mortgage. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Gofish

Open Time Whore

Yeah, pick that open time up and get out on the road so you wife and daughter will be home alone for me sucka haha

It's not being a scab, its called being proactive instead of being lazy and waiting for the phone call. Its not my job to make sure senority is followed. If I ask for a trip and get it I ask no questions. Besides if you are not marked call first then they generally call the most junior pilot first and work their way up the list unless otherwise specified. Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill.

Lookin4better is absolutly right. Half of the things pilots complain about are either not their concern or a simple misunderstanding that they do not bother to clarify for themselves.

Latest resources

Back