• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New Rest Rules for Ultra Long Haul Operations

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Better than "resting" in the arms of your gimp, zipperhead.....

-BTW- How is that two-cycle adult toy we sent you and your gimp for the holidays working out? Tried that sucker yet, or holding out for your next layover in LBB?

You will need a rest break between cleaning stalls at the local McD's. I hope you don't fall asleep while making fries......that would sting. And BTW, you make absolutely NO SENSE. It has never stopped you before though. Enjoy the McNuggets.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I had to laugh with the guy lounging in the bunk wearing the hat.

Flew one of the bunk bed equipped 7ERs the other day up to JFK. Those things actually looked pretty comfortable, but I've gotta wonder.... there's no seat in the bunk area, so where do you eat your meal while you're on your break? Do they block off a seat? General?

Flew one of the bunk bed equipped 7ERs the other day up to JFK. Those things actually looked pretty comfortable, but I've gotta wonder.... there's no seat in the bunk area, so where do you eat your meal while you're on your break? Do they block off a seat? General?

I usually eat in the cockpit, and sleep only in the bunks. It's pretty tight in there.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
You will need a rest break between cleaning stalls at the local McD's. I hope you don't fall asleep while making fries......that would sting. And BTW, you make absolutely NO SENSE. It has never stopped you before though. Enjoy the McNuggets.

Bye Bye--General Lee

You will need a break after the gimp gets done with that toy.....

-You may need to put some lotion on that too, Capt. Cornhole!

"You sure got a purty mouth"
-Gen Lee

Last edited:

You eat Roman style, with the "gorillas in the mist" feeding you grapes. :eek:

Right, but in some instances, at DL, due to our schedules, a 24 hour layover isnt possible.

For example, for our PVG flights, those arent daily, so a constant 24 hour overnight isnt possible.

What I think they are really discussing is the OpSpec (A332 I think) for ultra-long haul operations. I dont think youd see the 24 off prior, 48 off in country rule on a short hop to Europe from the East Coast, just those specific flight operations which are listed in the OpSpec.

The longer the layover, the more screwed up you get. I felt much worse coming back from a sixty hour layover in HKG than I do with a twenty four hour layover in DEL. It is very simple, the more you adjust to the time zone you are in, the harder it is to leave.

Right, but in some instances, at DL, due to our schedules, a 24 hour layover isnt possible.

For example, for our PVG flights, those arent daily, so a constant 24 hour overnight isnt possible.

What I think they are really discussing is the OpSpec (A332 I think) for ultra-long haul operations. I dont think youd see the 24 off prior, 48 off in country rule on a short hop to Europe from the East Coast, just those specific flight operations which are listed in the OpSpec.

What do you guys have a for rig for layovers that exceed 24+?

Latest resources

Back