• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

new non rev fees on delta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Renew your privileges on travelnet before the fees go up. My anniversary date was in October, I was previously paid up until 10/2009. I just renewed for $50 and now I'm paid up until 10/2010. Still sucks, but it buys you an extra year.

NOPE! As soon as you check in for a flight after the 12th, you will have to pay the UPGRADE fee to the new amount...

FWIW, when you are furloughed and the flight benefits expire, you have to pay full price to fly anywhere. AND, some places will treat you worse when you pay for the seat than when you non-rev.

I'm just saying, it could be worse.

$200 bucks is not a lot of money to travel ANYWHERE in the world on the world's largest airline, especially for free in 1st class. Stop whining and be glad you have a decent paying job in the worst economic period since the great depression.

There are people out there jobless AND people about to be jobless (ACEY80) and people are here whining about $150 bucks.......

There was already a thread on this. 4 pages long and still growing!

This change is only for contract DCI carriers, not for all Delta employees.

Be thankful they're still giving you travel privleges. Things could be much worse...

Now go play nice, OUTSIDE!

Last edited:
$200 bucks is not a lot of money to travel ANYWHERE in the world on the world's largest airline, especially for free in 1st class. Stop whining and be glad you have a decent paying job in the worst economic period since the great depression.

There are people out there jobless AND people about to be jobless (ACEY80) and people are here whining about $150 bucks.......

We get it already. You hate hearing us complain about the pass fees. Got news for you though. Many of us are able to "multi-task" all the ******************** facing us. Furloughs, pass increases, health care rising, etc...

Guess what, that $150 I can spend elsewhere, like on my kids. You can bet that we will probably vote in Medical Coverage for you guys while you are out...but that probably won't be enough for you will it?

NOPE! As soon as you check in for a flight after the 12th, you will have to pay the UPGRADE fee to the new amount...

Homer,

The Q&A section states that you don't need to pay till your anniversary. I've seen different interpretations on this, but the release was very specific.

That's one thing I want to make sure I get straight as I have a couple of kids traveling right now.

We get it already. You hate hearing us complain about the pass fees. Got news for you though. Many of us are able to "multi-task" all the ******************** facing us. Furloughs, pass increases, health care rising, etc...

Guess what, that $150 I can spend elsewhere, like on my kids. You can bet that we will probably vote in Medical Coverage for you guys while you are out...but that probably won't be enough for you will it?

Don't fall prey to the typical American attitude to complain about handouts. Anybody want to take a crack at the cost of a business class ticket to CDG? Here, i'll help...between 3500 and 5000 r/t from ATL. So...if you use your Delta bennies once to go to Paris and you get business class (almost guaranteed) you get a $5000 r/t ticket for $200.

Don't want to spend it on travel bennies, fine, but don't sit here and complain about something like this. Seriously. It's the same as the stupid Americans that travel to Europe and complain about the tiny hotel rooms. Are you really going to Paris to sit in your hotel room? Jesus.

Move along.

W

I've said this before, but what cracks me up is all the people complaining about complainers.

Don't fall prey to the typical American attitude to complain about handouts. Anybody want to take a crack at the cost of a business class ticket to CDG? Here, i'll help...between 3500 and 5000 r/t from ATL. So...if you use your Delta bennies once to go to Paris and you get business class (almost guaranteed) you get a $5000 r/t ticket for $200.

Don't want to spend it on travel bennies, fine, but don't sit here and complain about something like this. Seriously. It's the same as the stupid Americans that travel to Europe and complain about the tiny hotel rooms. Are you really going to Paris to sit in your hotel room? Jesus.

Move along.

W

Don't invalidate his feelings! Only an ostrich sticks his head in the ground when he sees a problem, and subsequently gets his arse chewed off! But, I guess some people like getting victimized!

$200 is alot more than Free! $200 is alot more than $50! He flies Delta passengers. Why should he pay anything more than their employees?

Latest resources

Back