Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Bavarian Chef

Registered jetBluser
WASHINGTON, June 21 (Reuters) - Delta Air Lines (DALRQ.PK: Quote, Profile, Research), JetBlue Airways (JBLU.O: Quote, Profile, Research) and Frontier Airlines (FRNT.O: Quote, Profile, Research) were tentatively selected by transportation planners on Wednesday to provide new service between the United States and Mexico.
The U.S. Transportation Department chose Delta for flights between Los Angeles and Puerto Vallarta, Frontier for service between Los Angeles and San Jose del Cabo, and JetBlue for New York-Cancun service.
The new flights were the result of amendments to the U.S.-Mexico air services agreement signed last December.

http://yahoo.reuters.com/news/articlehybrid.aspx?storyID=urn:newsml:reuters.com:20060621:MTFH01618_2006-06-21_23-15-08_N21369678&type=comktNews&rpc=44

Cancun hurricane parties for jb, eh?

Z_Pilot said:
oh...haha

I thought that the state of New Mexico finally got on the map.

Nevermind

Z

Ha back at ya. Didn't look at my title that way, oops. Can see it now: "jb is flying to New Mexico?"

.....Dude,
The funniest part of this is giving you a re run and watching you screw yourself into the ceiling. Since you are so rich, I shouldn't make you mad, because your country club might use my new janitor for hire services. Just watch the WSJ and weep Sparky, because I am a firm believer that it was your negative Karma that is putting us back in a decient financial position. Keep that hate coming until your anuerism bursts.
Blue to you,
SRT
Hey JP4,
I put this here early so I could get ahead of you and get some sleep. Sorry we are getting so much good press.
XXX
SRT

Boy redtail, you have a chip on your shoulder.

I was once like you, a furloughed pilot that worked for jetblue. Unlike you, I never drank the koolaid. I totally trust with D3 when they sent me a new "agreement" via DHL. DHL, you gotta be kidding me! Who ships those guys? Anyway, in that agreement were the industry embarrassing -190 rates. When I was in new hire training in spring 2003, all of the buzz going around was a raise was in short order. Still hadn't seen it, and instead, insurance rates have gone up. Bummer. But, I know that D3 cared about me...

I am not a big fan of ALPA, but some sort of union sure helps. I would have at least rather negotiated crappy pay.

I did think Jetblue had a good product. The TVs pacified the passengers and most seemed to enjoy the flight. But Jetblue's big problem is, and has always been, the lack of RASM. Jetblue contains costs very well (your pay is an example), but has faced incredible competition. And while Neeleman thinks it isn't logical, allowing another high growth, low fare airline is very detrimental to legacy existance.

The -190 debacle (they would have been better off farming it out) will cause a have vs. have not division. I see a union on property in a 5 years or so, if the company is still in business. I know management is trying their best to stop a union movement with their 5 year agreement, but I do believe people will get fed up of $40/ hour and want to make as much as a regional pilot.

190 rates are being raised. Well see the new rates across the entire fleet around Jan 2007

starvingBLUEtail said:
.....Dude,
The funniest part of this is giving you a re run and watching you screw yourself into the ceiling. Since you are so rich, I shouldn't make you mad, because your country club might use my new janitor for hire services. Just watch the WSJ and weep Sparky, because I am a firm believer that it was your negative Karma that is putting us back in a decient financial position. Keep that hate coming until your anuerism bursts.
Blue to you,
SRT
Hey JP4,
I put this here early so I could get ahead of you and get some sleep. Sorry we are getting so much good press.
XXX
SRT

More regurgitation

When did bingo lingo hit the board? F9, B6...."BINGO!"
This confuses me.
It also sounds like "YOU SUNK MY BATTLESHIP!"

Last edited:
furloughed dude said:
Boy redtail, you have a chip on your shoulder.

I was once like you, a furloughed pilot that worked for jetblue. Unlike you, I never drank the koolaid. I totally trust with D3 when they sent me a new "agreement" via DHL. DHL, you gotta be kidding me! Who ships those guys? Anyway, in that agreement were the industry embarrassing -190 rates. When I was in new hire training in spring 2003, all of the buzz going around was a raise was in short order. Still hadn't seen it, and instead, insurance rates have gone up. Bummer. But, I know that D3 cared about me...

I am not a big fan of ALPA, but some sort of union sure helps. I would have at least rather negotiated crappy pay.

I did think Jetblue had a good product. The TVs pacified the passengers and most seemed to enjoy the flight. But Jetblue's big problem is, and has always been, the lack of RASM. Jetblue contains costs very well (your pay is an example), but has faced incredible competition. And while Neeleman thinks it isn't logical, allowing another high growth, low fare airline is very detrimental to legacy existance.

The -190 debacle (they would have been better off farming it out) will cause a have vs. have not division. I see a union on property in a 5 years or so, if the company is still in business. I know management is trying their best to stop a union movement with their 5 year agreement, but I do believe people will get fed up of $40/ hour and want to make as much as a regional pilot.
Hey furloughed dude,
I know this is a crazy business. I was not furloughed, I left. NWA had some great pilots to fly with and I miss the individual pilots I worked with a lot. The problem was every time I got home from a trip I felt an abused spouse must feel like and I found myself making excuses to my wife on why I stick with the industry. You either felt abused by management (Come on...Doug Steenland???) or ALPA. In fairness to ALPA they were working with what they had, and I really admired the dedication of some of the individual ALPA guys, but the end result was a dirty feeling about your job.
As you know there is nothing hidden here at B6. There is good and bad. The leadership openly acknowleges the bad and seems to address these items head on. Whats not to respect about that. I talked to one of the rampers who had a child's funeral paid for by B6--no paperwork to fill out. It's just that after 8 years of Ken Lay style leadership at NWA, I could not stand it. The chip you are talking about is just twisting JP4's tail. He seems a little....um......tightly wound. (By the way, let me caution you--He does not like "Dude" and you have it in your screen name) It's fun to watch him spin up over nothing and then lord his "greatness" over us all. His lump sum is making my eyes water.
Hey, the 190 rates are nowhere near the "B scale" wages they had at NWA when I first got hired. What's up with Continental's year 1 pay and medical? Why is B6 the whipping boy? The pay is better than the above examples and upgrade oppertunities are good. (I fully realize the upgrades could slow, but I will take the chance)
When I compare B6 to NWA and what I forecast to be in the future for my compadres at my seniority level there it was a no brainer to leave. I may end up wrong, but kool aid or no kool aid, its a great place to work. I think the whole union thing is a 2 edged sword. B6 management is fair and I believe has integrety. It makes a huge difference when you trust and respect your leadership. At this point I do not see a union on the horizion, but I have been wrong before.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back