New Mexico Service for DL/JB/F9

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
furloughed dude said:
Boy redtail, you have a chip on your shoulder.

I was once like you, a furloughed pilot that worked for jetblue. Unlike you, I never drank the koolaid. I totally trust with D3 when they sent me a new "agreement" via DHL. DHL, you gotta be kidding me! Who ships those guys? Anyway, in that agreement were the industry embarrassing -190 rates. When I was in new hire training in spring 2003, all of the buzz going around was a raise was in short order. Still hadn't seen it, and instead, insurance rates have gone up. Bummer. But, I know that D3 cared about me...

I am not a big fan of ALPA, but some sort of union sure helps. I would have at least rather negotiated crappy pay.

I did think Jetblue had a good product. The TVs pacified the passengers and most seemed to enjoy the flight. But Jetblue's big problem is, and has always been, the lack of RASM. Jetblue contains costs very well (your pay is an example), but has faced incredible competition. And while Neeleman thinks it isn't logical, allowing another high growth, low fare airline is very detrimental to legacy existance.

The -190 debacle (they would have been better off farming it out) will cause a have vs. have not division. I see a union on property in a 5 years or so, if the company is still in business. I know management is trying their best to stop a union movement with their 5 year agreement, but I do believe people will get fed up of $40/ hour and want to make as much as a regional pilot.

When and why did you leave? Or did you just mobilize?

Bavarian Chef said:
When and why did you leave? Or did you just mobilize?
I left (got hired at B6) March of 06 and I made my decision to leave Oct of 05. Like I said above, the guys I flew with were great, it was everything else. I had been doing a bunch of research on the different companies hiring, and I kept coming back to B6 as the top choice for (here comes the blue juice) the integrity issue. The cleaning thing made me laugh during the research phase, because it just seemed a smart thing to do to save money. Like I said before, I would help the loadmasters all the time which they appreciated and it just made for a fun trip.

starvingredtail said:
I left (got hired at B6) March of 06 and I made my decision to leave Oct of 05. Like I said above, the guys I flew with were great, it was everything else. I had been doing a bunch of research on the different companies hiring, and I kept coming back to B6 as the top choice for (here comes the blue juice) the integrity issue. The cleaning thing made me laugh during the research phase, because it just seemed a smart thing to do to save money. Like I said before, I would help the loadmasters all the time which they appreciated and it just made for a fun trip.

Sorry, I was asking furloughed dude.

Uh...(Red face...looking down at shoes.......thinking....thinking.....)I knew that....I just wanted to...(that won't work) uh...sorry.

JP4user said:
More regurgitation
Am too Am not Am too Am not Am too Am not
Dude, Sparky, Whatever,
You are struggling for relevance and it's not coming off very well. Sorry you don't like us prostituting, low life janitors. I like you and your lump sum, (even though it can be eye watering) why can't we all just live and let live? Could it be your are.....obsessing over this a bit?

furloughed dude said:
Boy redtail, you have a chip on your shoulder.

I was once like you, a furloughed pilot that worked for jetblue. Unlike you, I never drank the koolaid. I totally trust with D3 when they sent me a new "agreement" via DHL. DHL, you gotta be kidding me! Who ships those guys? Anyway, in that agreement were the industry embarrassing -190 rates. When I was in new hire training in spring 2003, all of the buzz going around was a raise was in short order. Still hadn't seen it, and instead, insurance rates have gone up. Bummer. But, I know that D3 cared about me...

Did you quit your job over the 190 rates? I thought going to 190s was voluntary. You could be a captain by now in the 320 making pretty good money. I am not trying to flame at all but this does not make much sense. You left because the new contracts 190 wage scale for volunteers? You did not have to fly the 190! Did you not know that???

Actually Napoleon, I left just shortly after the rates were announced. I updated apps within a week of receiving my DHL package. I wasn't too far from upgrade and I knew the -190 rates would not directly effect me. Sometimes you have to vote with your feet.

I realized that there was better things out there (for me at least) and I was lucky enough to find them. My pay and benefits are better now than they would be as a 320 captain and I don't have to commute to NY. Jetblue was a decent place to work, but the blind allegiance to management was strange. I am not saying that Jetblue management aren't good people, but they are trying to pad their wallets just like the rest of us. It's capitalism, not a bad thing.

There are a lot of great guys there and some that are addicted to the koolaid. Some people think it is the best thing since sliced bread, but it wasn't really for me.

starvingredtail said:
I left (got hired at B6) March of 06 and I made my decision to leave Oct of 05.

WOW! I would've thought that you've been at JB since the beginning (versus 3 months) by the way you're constantly defending against EVERY negative JB post. That's cool that you're happy here, but you may want to step away from the punchbowl.

When you get a little more time under your belt here (at JB), you'll realize two things:
1. There's quite a bit of lip service coming down from on high (at least it sounds soothing and makes one feel all tingly inside). For example (and I hope I'm wrong), I really don't think that the A-320 rates will be adjusted (hopefully D3 meant adjusted UP???) despite claims that they are being looked at.
2. You're not going to change the minds of all the JB haters on this board no matter how hard you try/how often you post/how logical your arguments are.

Just my opinion (worthless as usual). Now back to the regularly scheduled "Same 3 or 4 JB haters vs. same 3 or 4 JB lovers" slugfest that every flightinfo JB thread degenerates into.

JBPA said:
WOW! I would've thought that you've been at JB since the beginning (versus 3 months) by the way you're constantly defending against EVERY negative JB post. That's cool that you're happy here, but you may want to step away from the punchbowl.

When you get a little more time under your belt here (at JB), you'll realize two things:
1. There's quite a bit of lip service coming down from on high (at least it sounds soothing and makes one feel all tingly inside). For example (and I hope I'm wrong), I really don't think that the A-320 rates will be adjusted (hopefully D3 meant adjusted UP???) despite claims that they are being looked at.
2. You're not going to change the minds of all the JB haters on this board no matter how hard you try/how often you post/how logical your arguments are.

Just my opinion (worthless as usual). Now back to the regularly scheduled "Same 3 or 4 JB haters vs. same 3 or 4 JB lovers" slugfest that every flightinfo JB thread degenerates into.
Hey JPBA,
"Slap...Slap...snap out of it man..." WHEW, Thanks for the cold slap of reason!!!! It's like I was in a trance. This FI is sure addictive. Sorry about being so new. I'll work on that over time. Anyway, I think if you look back on my history, I am all over this board just as it pertains to a few individuals. I guess I got addicted to slamming the JB haters you mentioned. I realize its a losing battle, but, like I say, its addictive. I can see it's at the wear down point due to your point #2, so I'll stop.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back