New Mailing from Leonidas,llc to USAIRWAYS East Pilots"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wait, here's one, quickly found on google....hahaha

Let's say you have some data in cell 'C5' you would like to hide from the casual viewer.

Click cell 'C5' to select it.

Click the 'Format' menu, select 'Cells'. When the 'Format Cells' dialogue box opens, click the 'Numbers' tab (if necessary), then select 'Custom' from the 'Category' list.

Double-click the 'Type' entry box and type three semi-colons: ";;;"

Click 'OK' to close the dialogue box and accept the new formatting.

The data in cell 'C5' disappears. It's still there and will work in calculations, but it isn't visible.

If you need to check the data, just click the blank cell and the contents appear in the 'Formula bar'.

But I'm sure the geniuses at Rio Dorito, have found a super top secret way to hide data within excel that isn't explained on the net, or understood by microsoft themselves....

I'm sure their intensive investigation, involved a College intern who had flunked computers 101 at ASU, and he reported back, nope, just addresses and names...nothing to see here.....

Really guys....I believe companies get sued for actions such as this...

Last edited:
I have a spreadsheet containing 100 plus customers' names and phone numbers among other info and I would never hide the info for fear I would forget it is hidden and accidently send it to my accountant. When it is time to send it I delete the cells with any personal info on it. BTW there are a bunch of differant ways to "hide" the cell contents.

I seem to remember usapa "mail" when Alpa was on property. I need life lock! What a bunch of babies! Nuffield said!

I seem to remember usapa "mail" when Alpa was on property. I need life lock! What a bunch of babies! Nuff said!

Depends on when you got that mailing, and how that information was obtained, and whether it was done so through proper channels?!?! I believe during the election, company is required to provide names and addy's of all those in the effected class...

I think most East pilots would prefer to get back on a contract that looks more like the one you were on in 1999. Not your present contract that looks more like 1969. Why do you guys assume that the West pilots will flood East in hordes if the Nic. award was implemented? I honestly don't think you'd see more that 20 guys move out there.

Becket;
Statistically speaking, I think it would be close to a wash. For as many AWA guys live near or on the east coast, there is a like number "easties" that commute from CA, NV, AZ, OR, WA, ID, etc. My best guess is 150-200 tops.

As a B737 (soon to be A320) FO, I can tell you that a lion share of the captains (that live in the AZ area) that I fly with are FIRMLY ensconsed in the "desert mentality". They revel in the great season during the winter, and really don't complain much during the summer. They enjoy year round golf, boating, fishing, hunting, chasing game (the other kind), etc.

The problem that we have is this: Every time a "westie" espouses statements like the one above, the "easties" insist that we write some sort of contract or rider to cap the movements. There is no entity, committee, group or person that has the right or authority to negotiate away from the result of a final and binding arbitration.

We will only move forward when (and only when) enough east based pilots get tired of USAPA's little club & entitlement program (Cleary made $191,000 last year!), and get tired of LOA 93.

Regards.

Latest resources

Back