new low for pinnacle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is just really sad.

Plllllllssss can i have job. I'll even bunk with a couple of people.

So if 2 is good can you put 3 or 4 in a room.

eeech

Well 7 weeks of training is NOTHING like a 4 day, and if your 4 day trips do feel like an entire training event you are flying with the wrong crew!

And those who said "I dont blame the airline" WTF is that about? Of course it is their fault, if these crappy airlines did not offer the deal people would not take the deal. No one is going to go into the interview offering to bunk-up; they just accept it becasue it is the only offer they have. While PNCL is a gravy commute for me I think I will go to another airline who does have better training conditions even if it takes me a little longer to get there.

And yes my long legged horse is due to my previous airline having single occupancy for pilots, only the FA had to share.......

labbats said:
Eagle just changed it to dual occupancy training with the last contract. But hey, everyone who voted already has a job here!

It's only during groundschool that you share a room.....you get your own when you hit the simulator. I shared a room at my own expense way back when i was hired in the last century, so I think 64 hrs a month of flight pay and 16 hrs a day of per-diem in training and a company paid room double occupancy sounds pretty good. Now if they could only fix the stagnation at AE they'd be all set.

What makes pilots better than any other trainee? NOTHING. A new hire is a new hire, most airlines(at the ones I've been associated with) require double occupancy during training for most if not all of the new hires. The only exception I know of from personal experiance is Air Wisconsin. *Everyone* from pilot to CS agent to ramper to mechanic gets a single occupancy room. The reasoning at the companies that require double occupancy is simple. The carriers are trying to limit the cost of training expenses. Of the 15 people in my initial class at COEX only 3 still work for the company and most were gone in less than a year.
PCL use to not provide rooms at all so double occupancy isn't neccessarily that bad, at least you aren't having to pay for your own lodgings like most of my roomies did.

Hey Arthomspson how many "airlines" have you been at?

I think you're using the term "airline" in a really broad brush stroke. Unless you're talking airlines that pay you 14k a year.

HulkHogan said:
OK I will admit a single room is better than the previous no room allowance but honestly guys this really is just ridiculous. I understood other airlines that forced double-occupancy used two room suites where there was a shared living area but separate sleeping areas, maybe that is not fact after all.

ok continue defending regional airlines now

Hulk, It is worth complaining about, maybe the PCL pilots can get it changed on their next contract, but I doubt it. They need improvement in other areas of their contract.

And, they all had to endure it - actually, most all of them had to endure PAYING for their own lodging up until 6-9 months ago. And they weren't paid ANYTHING until they passed their checkride. It IS better for newbies at PCL than it used to be.

A side benefit of sharing a room is that you have an intant study partner. When I shared a room with no pay at Lakes (which they paid for) in early 2000, they paired me with someone I had common interests with, and he (ex Air Force) helped me greatly in getting through training.

Diesel said:
Hey Arthomspson how many "airlines" have you been at?

I think you're using the term "airline" in a really broad brush stroke. Unless you're talking airlines that pay you 14k a year.

You're one to talk....prior to your new TA your guys at NJA weren't making any more money than the pilots at my regional...but doing twice as much work.

I have been at 4 and was management at 1 of them. As a new hire to a station management position at Atlantic Coast. I had a roomate that was a part time agent in another station. When I worked part time at COEX I shared a room thru 6 weeks of training.

Shared a room at XJT in training... No biggie

Amish RakeFight said:
Is it possible to pay a little extra to get a single during training?

First it was PFT-pay for training, now it's PFS-pay for single. Just wait till you stupid a$$es get furloughed, then the company will institute PFR- pay for recall!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back