• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New Jetblue pay raise!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You can't depend on premium pay. I have been here 1.5 years, sit reserve in LGB and have only broken guarantee ONCE.

Technically, you're breaking a lineholders guarantee EVERY month when you sit reserve.
With the 5 hours of premium pay.

LGB was opened primarily as a Quality of Life base for the West Coasties.
Between the lack of a critical mass of short haul, medium haul, slot limited and curfew restraints, LGB will never grow and see the dynamics that make it a super efficient domicile.
I think the leadership kind of regrets it in some ways since people are unhappy with the productivity. Another fine example of JetBlue trying to do something good and it has somewhat lost its way and become a detriment.

Maybe some of these reserve enhancements will help that are in the pipeline.

Still doesn't help your situation but may explain some of the background and history of the story for others.

BTW, Some of the guys from the class in January are lineholders in JFK for April.

Last edited:
Qol 101

Technically, you're breaking a lineholders guarantee EVERY month when you sit reserve.
With the 5 hours of premium pay.

LGB was opened primarily as a Quality of Life base for the West Coasties.
Between the lack of a critical mass of short haul, medium haul, slot limited and curfew restraints, LGB will never grow and see the dynamics that make it a super efficient domicile.
I think the leadership kind of regrets it in some ways since people are unhappy with the productivity. Another fine example of JetBlue trying to do something good and it has somewhat lost its way and become a detriment.

Maybe some of these reserve enhancements will help that are in the pipeline.

Still doesn't help your situation but may explain some of the background and history of the story for others.

BTW, Some of the guys from the class in January are lineholders in JFK for April.

With very, very few exceptions (though there are some) small bases don't have the trip quality/variety as large bases do. New bases don't have the trip quality/variety that established bases do. New airplane and dying airplane schedules are inferior to the schedules for an established and growing fleet. Its amazing the folks who don't get that. My favorite are the FLL FA's whining about how they don't get to overnight in as many cities as the JFK crews do. Like we're running a travel agency just for them or something. Some bases are little more than "coverage" bases with some niche flying as part of the regular schedule. We could open up the coveted MCO base tomorrow and the very next day guys would be complaining about the trips not being as good as NY's.

So what are you saying? That raise is good?

What... more money per hour is bad? A 7% increase in company paid retirement money is bad? Over the past couple of months, some of our seats have seen as much as 13% raise in hourly pay. Is that a bad thing?

Do we have more to accomplish? Oh yeah! But the company fixed the #1 gripe... retirement. They massaged the rest a bit. And guess what... the company intends to do this review every year. Which means in another 8 months, we'll tackle something else.

Overall... yeah... I'd say this is a good thing. I'm not at all naive though. I know that the pressure of loosing pilots and an impending union drive is great motivation for the company. But overall... yeah... I'd rate this as a good thing.

Wow..

You ought to look at yourself in the mirror and read some of YOUR posts.

I'll make my point for you Bavarian ... short and sweet.
I tried to be polite.

Your SARCASM... Your negativitity will WEAR on people.
Over time.... it becomes a real depressing and somewhat self promoting thing.
At work.. it will be complain, complain, complain.

You've heard it from others.... I'm just calling you on it.

My personal experience (and a lot of others who have worked at other carriers) deems its not warranted or justified.

I'm not ignoring the issues hear at JetBlue.... I'm just being rational, pragmatic and trying to be constructive. If you want to turn JetBlue in to a Mesa metality workplace, you will not find much support for it.

Yes I'm a Captain... and all that means is I was looking for and got the job before you. No entitlement or attitude. I've been an F/O at three different carriers for over 13 years.

So if you want to abhor me... go ahead. I'm not backing down from YOUR barbs at a DECENT place to work. And it will get better if people like yourself don't drag it down.

Well, let's just agree to disagree.

One thing we agree on, jb IS a decent company. Kinda like a decent girlfriend. She'll get you the beer, but she won't pour it in a glass and you sure as hell ain't gonna get some chips. Or in terms that Sailpilot and I prefer: she doesn't swallow. Been saying that all along.

I am not trying to turn jb into anything. One of my rules in the cockpit (despite the little power I have as an FO): don't talk about the company. There is nothing worse than being stuck for four days with a fat former Dash 8 FO/Captain who spouts off about jb, be it pro or con. So I just sit and listen in silence and pull out a magazine, I mean FOM, and start reading.

As for me putting the truth out here, I think we as jb pilots owe it to those few who keep trying to work with us. They need to know WHY we are selling planes, WHY are operations continue to stumble, WHY pilots are leaving etc. There's nothing wrong with putting the why out there. They need to make an informed decision by weighing the positives and negatives (including the recent retirement improvements, the new pay raises, the new personnel changes), the future of jb and the projected state of the airline industry (as much as one can project).

I sincerely hope I am a 320 Captain here in a few years with that same warm and fuzzy you have. The fence coming down in the fall will obviously have a great impact on that desire. But that being said, it would sure be hard to pass up an interview and offer at luv. Even a current Captain such as yourself should understand that.

I have to say that reading this thread I am all busted up inside hearing that there is trouble in paradise at JBLU.

I think you need a change at the top. My services are always available. If you don't want me, I heard this guy is available

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Smith

Good luck trash pickers, and watch out for those icebergs!

I was looking at the new pay rates at Jetblue. If I upgrade i will only be making about 15K less per year than a Jetblue 190 Capt. Suprising.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back