New jet blue payscale?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
$$$for nothih

Our healthcare cost certainly is a major factor in our take home pay. I understand the original post however many potential applicants dont know, dont realize, or are just blind to the fact that a family plan with a couple minor doctor events can easily skim 13,000 to 15k off someones bottom line.

They need to know before they sign up and realize their child has autism or wife needs surgery

$$$for nothih

Our healthcare cost certainly is a major factor in our take home pay. I understand the original post however many potential applicants dont know, dont realize, or are just blind to the fact that a family plan with a couple minor doctor events can easily skim 13,000 to 15k off someones bottom line.

They need to know before they sign up and realize their child has autism or wife needs surgery

I completely agree. I am all for educating people completely and with as much info as possible. However I conduct all my pro union stance with facts vs. scare style statements. These statements do more to hurt our group of professionals than to help us so I do not tolerate untrue statements. Our only health care option is a disgusting high deductible low coverage option. However saying we have to cover all the cost ourselves is simple untrue.

Would you leave an eternal (ie 9+ year and no reasonable outlook to upgrade any time soon) FO position at a fractional to go to JetBlue?

A lot of comparison would need to be made... Pay, healthcare, all the usual stuff...where do you live, commute issues etc...family concerns....I would not move to a base personally - others do....

Would you leave an eternal (ie 9+ year and no reasonable outlook to upgrade any time soon) FO position at a fractional to go to JetBlue?

No. Not unless there was movement on a union. Several other airlines hiring including the legacies. I hear Spirit has hired several fractional pilots recently (CitationAir and Avantair) and upgrade time is short - something like 4-5 years with many pilot bases.

Could someone give specifics about the health plan? Individual only. Price, deductible, etc. PM if you rather. Thanks in advance.

Yes, and I'm as pessimistic as most on this board. The caveat being your ability/desire to commute, and your healthcare liabilities (read family). Stating that our medical benefits are obscene is a massive understatement.

No. Not unless there was movement on a union. Several other airlines hiring including the legacies. I hear Spirit has hired several fractional pilots recently (CitationAir and Avantair) and upgrade time is short - something like 4-5 years with many pilot bases.

Good thing you didn't get hired at blue.

Get that spirit interview yet?

Latest resources

Back