• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New jet blue payscale?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have done the math. I am 32. That gives me 33 years left. The difference in retirement based on the same savings rate from me. Career progression based on current retirement and growth numbers. As closely as I can figure it is about a 1.1-1.2 million dollar difference in retirement accounts alone at age 65 based on all of today's known numbers. Throw in potential medical costs, ability to fly wide bodies. The point is millions is not a delusional number at all.

I really hope you get that job:)
Senior to me and slightly younger just go man, go now:)

Yep, go for it man....I'm pretty sure a TWA new hire back in the late
90's was doing the same math calculations. Go where your heart is....just remember in aviation, you never know!

Im on year 7 at JB . If we dont have Alpa by March Ill publish my apps for American,Delta,United and apply to Southwest and Alaska. I bid 30% on the 320 and Im 47. I love my job but this place gets worse every year. Do your research before you come here or wait til you see our first CBA then decide. My cousin is at Cape Air and decided not to come here without my input. Hes young and can make millions more at a Legacy carrier .

How the Heck is he going to the Legacies from Cape (unless he flys the ATR already)? He will have to go to the regionals first, where $$$ and reserves are horrible, spend a few years there just to make CA, spend more time on reserve then maybe get hired by the Legacies. Yes some like Delta hire from the right seat with jet time, but wouldn't it be more "fun" to go to Blue, hang out there, then have a shot at Delta (or other). Please tell me that Blue is way better than any regional. If not, well Mesa is growing like mad. :)

Last edited:
I have done the math. I am 32. That gives me 33 years left. The difference in retirement based on the same savings rate from me. Career progression based on current retirement and growth numbers. As closely as I can figure it is about a 1.1-1.2 million dollar difference in retirement accounts alone at age 65 based on all of today's known numbers. Throw in potential medical costs, ability to fly wide bodies. The point is millions is not a delusional number at all.

Please show us your math to prove the point. I would love to see the numbers as well. Thanks

How the Heck is he going to the Legacies from Cape (unless he flys the ATR already)? He will have to go to the regionals first, where $$$ and reserves are horrible, spend a few years there just to make CA, spend more time on reserve then maybe get hired by the Legacies. Yes some like Delta hire from the right seat with jet time, but wouldn't it be more "fun" to go to Blue, hang out there, then have a shot at Delta (or other). Please tell me that Blue is way better than any regional. If not, well Mesa is growing like mad. :)

It's called hyperbole and is used by many to make a stupid point.
Heck who said he was even guaranteed an interview at JetBlue.

And if you want a dump truck load of HYPERBOLE then by all means, read your jetblew e-mail everyday.

It's specially formulated by Ford&Harrison and MWW for idiot pilot consumption.

Jetblew pilots have been eating it up for 12 years.

It's called hyperbole and is used by many to make a stupid point.
Heck who said he was even guaranteed an interview at JetBlue.

With 117, legacy retirements, and our subpar compensation and benefits package, anyone with a pulse should be able to get an interview.

Please show us your math to prove the point. I would love to see the numbers as well. Thanks

Delta contributes approximately 6% more of your annual income to retirement than JB does after considering monthly contributions vs yearly, and bonus'. Lets assume an average salary of $150,000 for 25 years. That is $9,000 more per year times 25 is an additional $225,000 over the course of a career. Now lets add some compounding interest numbers. This where it gets fun. So take $9,000 per year or $750/month at a monthly compounding interest rate of 10% and you get a difference of $995,125.05 in 25 years. Now put a 12% return into the calculator and you have a $1.4 million split. Use an 8% return and its still a $750k split. You see my point though.

I am comparing Delta vs. JB retirement plans and bonus' for the past 5 year period.
I am also assuming a 10% rate of return (which is very doable long term)
Even if I am wrong by 50% (which I am not) it is still a difference of $500k
This number doesn't even consider medical cost differences, wide body flying, number of work days a year to achieve the $150,000

I understand this is very crude math and there are a million variables, but you see my point. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
With 117, legacy retirements, and our subpar compensation and benefits package, anyone with a pulse should be able to get an interview.

Yeah that's what the interview groups have been made up of.
You need to do some research. One day that MIGHT be the case but not today.

Latest resources

Back