• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New jet blue payscale?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I completely agree. I am all for educating people completely and with as much info as possible. However I conduct all my pro union stance with facts vs. scare style statements. These statements do more to hurt our group of professionals than to help us so I do not tolerate untrue statements. Our only health care option is a disgusting high deductible low coverage option. However saying we have to cover all the cost ourselves is simple untrue.

Unfortunately, $$$4Nothin, I have to disagree with you regarding our health care. If your experience of our heath care merely makes you call it "disgusting high deductible low coverage", then you are one of the lucky ones. As you know we are self-insured. That means that in many cases our company gets to choose what is covered and what is not. Unfortunately, my experience has been that wherever our company could make a choice to offer the worst possible coverage, or sometimes zero coverage, that is exactly what their choice was.

Our health care and dental care, unfortunately, is worse than you could possibly imagine, because many things are not covered at all.

When coverage is completely denied (as it is, for example, with special needs children, which is truly despicable), then that does not count at all towards deductibles or out-of-pocket limits. Therefore offering families with special needs coverage, truly, zero coverage with 100% exposure to costs. When you have to meet a $2600.00 deductible, then spend a few thousand more on entirely legitimate but 100% not-covered expenses, that is pretty damn close to saying you are not covered at all.

When people state that families can be exposed to several thousands of dollars of medical and dental expenses every year, unfortunately that is an absolutely true statement. The families most in need are the families most likely to receive denials-of-coverage.

There is absolutely no defense whatsoever for our terrible, mean spirited, low health care coverage, and it is very hard to hit hyperbole when trying to find words to express how truly poor it is. "Zero coverage" is far closer to the truth than "coverage" is.

Last edited:
For the record, I was very happy to be hired by this company, and considered it a huge step up from my former regional job.

Unfortunately, when I say that our health care and dental care is worse than you could possibly imagine, I am being completely honest. When I made a choice to leave my former job and come here, I could not possibly conceive, and still find it hard to believe, how truly horrendous, and uncaring our health care and dental care is.

Unfortunately, $$$4Nothin, I have to disagree with you regarding our health care. If your experience of our heath care merely makes you call it "disgusting high deductible low coverage", then you are one of the lucky ones. As you know we are self-insured. That means that in many cases our company gets to choose what is covered and what is not. Unfortunately, my experience has been that wherever our company could make a choice to offer the worst possible coverage, or sometimes zero coverage, that is exactly what their choice was.

Our health care and dental care, unfortunately, is worse than you could possibly imagine, because many things are not covered at all.

When coverage is completely denied (as it is, for example, with special needs children, which is truly despicable), then that does not count at all towards deductibles or out-of-pocket limits. Therefore offering families with special needs coverage, truly, zero coverage with 100% exposure to costs. When you have to meet a $2600.00 deductible, then spend a few thousand more on entirely legitimate but 100% not-covered expenses, that is pretty damn close to saying you are not covered at all.

When people state that families can be exposed to several thousands of dollars of medical and dental expenses every year, unfortunately that is an absolutely true statement. The families most in need are the families most likely to receive denials-of-coverage.

There is absolutely no defense whatsoever for our terrible, mean spirited, low health care coverage, and it is very hard to hit hyperbole when trying to find words to express how truly poor it is. "Zero coverage" is far closer to the truth than "coverage" is.

I'm sorry you are going through this and you are right, it is disgusting.

This goes to show that what some consider unnecessary government mandates in coverage is actually a life line to other families.

Well, you sound like a miserable prick. Good luck with that in life.

Thanks Dad for your lame contribution. The fact that some pilots at Spirit are happy with their lot upsets you. You probably voted against the union.

Last edited:
Thanks Dad for your lame contribution. The fact that some pilots at Spirit are happy with their lot upsets you. You probably voted against the union.

I wouldn't call you a miserable person, but I do wonder why you lurk on the JetBlue threads? I am sure people are happy at Spirit ( and hard to believe but people are happy at blue as well) but the poster asked about blue. If he wants Spirit stuff he can go look for it. I get it you didn't get hired here and that seems to be a good thing for you since none of your friends are happy here and you would rather go to Spirit( or a " real major"). Good luck with your app over there, I hope everyone ends up where they want to go.

If you think Spirit is better than Jetblue, then by all means follow your dream. You may discover that the grass is greener in the other pasture only because it is fertilized...

Jetblew is nothing more than a training ground for real pilots and a final refuge for little lambs and screw-ups.

The pastures are MUCH greener for pilots who want the classic career of an airline pilot and they WILL move on.

Pilots who eagerly accept Barger's new "paradigm" are cringers.

Jetblew is nothing more than a training ground for real pilots and a final refuge for little lambs and screw-ups.

The pastures are MUCH greener for pilots who want the classic career of an airline pilot and they WILL move on.

Pilots who eagerly accept Barger's new "paradigm" are cringers.

And yet you remain.

Latest resources

Back