• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New generation of USAF officers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
...Let me be the first to apologize for the F-15C guy who scoffed SOF weapons school...

Every community has their 10%. Sorry.

Agreed!

I'll gladly endorse and agree with posts 77-80. Especially on the "ladder" and the awards comments. Everybody contributes, just some in a much more direct way than others. Nearly any discussion involving awards and decorations will make me puke. My experience (although not very current) was for every one that was truly deserved, there were another 4 or 5 that weren't and that tended to cheapen those that were deserved. One big difference I saw on the bronze stars was that the troops who really deserved them usually had a "V for Valor" device that went with them. The "naked" ones didn't hold much water. That usually helped separate the wheat from the chaff. I've never much been for the Politically Correct crowd, which had a big influence in my decision to retire from active duty at the 20 year point instead of continuing on in what I perceived as a "becoming too PC for me" Air Force. Cheers to you all!:beer:

As a 15 year flying eSmurf (C5 FE), I sadly concur with the decline of the qaulity of people that have replaced the old timers, both in the E and O section.

As for getting more color into your salad bowl, who cares? I have been both in the air and on the ground (before other services "vomit" to this claim, I was an SF blue suiter attached to 2ID, Casey ROK) and in both places I have seen men and women display courage under fire. Besides, are you really that excited about spending more money at clothing sales??

Semper Per Diem,
SB

Last edited:
I recently read something somewhere that I thought I would post. I am not sure if it is word for word as I am doing this from memory...

If there is no nail, there is no horse..
If there is no horse, there is no rider...
If there is no rider, then the battle is lost....

For want of a nail the shoe was lost.
For want of a shoe the horse was lost.
For want of a horse the rider was lost.
For want of a rider the battle was lost.
For want of a battle the kingdom was lost.
And all for the want of a nail.

RunUp said:
For want of a nail the shoe was lost.
For want of a shoe the horse was lost.
For want of a horse the rider was lost.
For want of a rider the battle was lost.
For want of a battle the kingdom was lost.
And all for the want of a nail.

Thanks....

Deuce130 said:
I think most people just want to be recognized and appreciated for whatever it is that they actually did or are doing for the war effort. I don't think anyone would argue that a Marine or Soldier isn't placed above a guy in a cockpit during the fighting. That same soldier can be trumped by a Green Beret. That same Green Beret can be trumped by a Navy SEAL. That same Navy SEAL, etc etc. It is, however, possible to thank a guy for his service without disparaging another. Look at how P.O.'d the AF brass is right now that the Army and Marine Corps brass is calling OEF and OIF their war b/c they're the ones doing the fighting and dying (they're really just after more dollars, not more respect). If a guy is a trigger puller, thank him. If a guy is a C-17 pilot, then thank him without talking smack out of the other side of your mouth. I have to work alot with the CAF and they're really is a BS heirarchy out there. It begins with single seat fighters, then on to two-seat fighters, then on B-2 pilots, then B-1, then blah blah blah. I actually had a jacka** ask me why we have a SOF weapons school when we don't have any weapons. This comes from an F-15C pilot who gets the hairy eyeball from F-16 pilots, who get the eyeroll from the A-10's, and so on. It's ridiculous. My point is that SOMEONE ELSE will always trump whatever it is that YOU do or did. Be humble about it, don't let it bother you, and don't do it back to anyone else.

Great point Deuce. Marines (most deadly fighting force in the history of the world), Army and Navy will always trump the AF blue jumpsuiters. Don't even worry about it.

DaveGriffin said:
Great point Deuce. Marines (most deadly fighting force in the history of the world), Army and Navy will always trump the AF blue jumpsuiters. Don't even worry about it.

AF blue jumpsuiters? WTFO? Are you talking about missiliers? When's the last time an AF flyer wore a blue jumpsuit? You must be referring to your clown suit you wear to Halloween every year.

DaveGriffin said:

That's not what I meant, dipwad. Grow up.

Latest resources

Back