• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New "flying car"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's difficult enough for the average driver to keep their 2 dimensional vehicle within the painted lines and not hit one another at 35 mph.

i saw the 60 minutes special on these last night... interesting, and some good inventions (i suppose).. but, contrary to what the inventors think, I seriously doubt we'll be seeing these as common transports, replacing cars anytime in the forseeable future.

Agreed. As we watched the program I explained to my nephews that should the average idiot mount up in one of those things the overpopulation problem would get corrected pretty quick. You think product liability is bad for conventional aircraft, wait 'til those things are mass produced.

They have a picture of the moller skycar, I think popular mechanics has been talking about that thing for 30 years and it still doesn't fly, I think it has been flying remotely attached to a tether. The developer is on crack, I think the projections were 350 mph and 28, it takes lots of power to go fast and the way to do that is burn lots of fuel and 28 mpg isn't much fuel. I will believe it when he has it done, which will probably be about the time my boss gets all of the shiny new jet airplanes he has promised us.

sure, they talk about it twice a month in popular mechanics, but this time they're for real! there will be one in every garage in 2 years! AND it says you don't need a license to fly it if you stay under 400 ft. start cleaning out the garage, deliveries should start any day and you don't wanto be the last one on your block to get a skycar.

He's also a mathematics genius:

"That's a big market. But if we sold say a couple thousand, $50,000 a piece, that's a billion dollars."

Look at it this way, the traffic congestion would be non-existant after a couple months because all the morons on the road would have killed themselves trying one of these!

Latest resources

Back