Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SiuDude said:
He's also a mathematics genius:

"That's a big market. But if we sold say a couple thousand, $50,000 a piece, that's a billion dollars."

I saw that also, I was drinking a Pepsi at the time and almost spit it out laughing so hard.

If A guy is that bad with simple multilication, I doubt I would have confidence in his engineering skills.

I'm disgusted that 60 minutes gave any time at all to the Paul Moller and his "SkyCar" except perhaps as an investigative report. He's been "developing" the sky car for 40 years and all he's ever been able to do is hover in ground effect, and that was accomplished back in the 1960's ....3 decades and no actual progress.. but it's going to be going 350 mph in a couple of years ... mmmmm right. Seems that CBS might have mentioned that moller is currenty being preosecuted by the Securities Exchange Commission for stock fraud related to the sky car.

The Article said:
Norris says you won’t need a pilot’s license if you fly it under 400 feet in non-restricted air space.

Oh man, people are going to be hitting towers like CRAZY.

If this actually happens, I'm going to build a bunker underground and live there until Darwinism has taken full effect.

Maybe we should just call them "yuppie coffins" instead of Skycars? :)

Flying cars, etc.

I saw it on 60 Minutes last night, also. The helicopter/motorcycle looked like fun but the 300-knot, 20,000-MSL, four-fan vehicle was a little hard to believe. However, when these guys start predicting hoardes of these vehicles on the NASA-created "Highway in the Sky," it makes me think they have watched too many Jetsons episodes.

Depending on your point of view, the Aerocar was way ahead of its time, just like the Northrop Flying Wing (which, curiously, looked a lot like the B-2 Stealth), or everything old is new again.

My wife even commented about how dangerous the skies would become if motorists of today got wings. She's right. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Ditto what everyone's said about the Moller Skycar. That guy is a sham.

I went to a "Flying Car" forum at Oshkosh '99. What a bunch of crackpots! There was a lot of "Yeah, we're almost there, we just need some more engineeering/work/money."

IMHO, I think NASA is on the right track with their "Highway In the Sky." However, I hope and imagine that it will never be as easy to get a pilot licesne as it is a driver's license.

man, i hope flying cars stay as science fiction and not reality...

Latest resources

Back