• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New First Officer posting for Hawaiian

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm not 100% positive, but I don't think any calls have gone out yet. My guess is that they're waiting for this next group to go through the Phase 2 psych eval next week so they'll have enough in the pool to fill the class. That means probably a couple more weeks before anyone knows if they're in or not. Good luck to all!

HAL

All but two of the cancelled positions were unfilled - the two cancelled with people in them are HNL 767 captains. The rest of the positions weren't filled with the class hired earlier this summer. That leaves a total of 34 new-hires coming on with this vacancy bid.

HAL

Some place in the states is actually hiring!!!!

This industry doesn't completely suck now!!!

You have to move to Hawaii though, unless you want to sign up for the country's ********************tiest commute.

Yeah but hiring at what cost? Two major Hawaii markets players were driven out of business (ATA and AQ) in order to get to the point where the only big one left is able to hire again. What a sad state of affairs this industry is in.

Good thing they changed the age-60 law for that impending pilot shortage :erm:.

Two major Hawaii markets players were driven out of business (ATA and AQ) in order to get to the point where the only big one left is able to hire again.
Sorry, but I don't buy it. HA didn't do anything illegal, immoral, or unethical. They did absolutely nothing to 'drive the other airlines out of business'. AQ and ATA went under because they had bad business plans, and their management wasn't ready to deal with rapid changes in the world economy.

The whole world is in economic turmoil right now. To expect the airlines to sail through this without a hint of turbulence is ridiculous. Of course the airlines will shrink. Of course they will furlough. If they don't, they die. To call this a 'sad state of affairs' for the industry is much too narrow a view. It's merely the way to survive. Every industry in the world is hurting, aviation is no different. If we want to have a job in 10 years we'd better expect our companies to be cutting costs, and looking for any way possible to stay alive until the world economy turns around because if they don't, then we really will be the same place as the pilots of other poorly run airlines - like AQ and ATA.

It's honestly just how the world works. If you expected to stay with the smooth growth pattern, to upgrade at a regional in one year, move to a major the next and upgrade in five, or if you expected to have a jucy and untouched pension plan, then buy a history book, read it thoroughly, and then call Kit Darby to ask for a refund. Life just doesn't go that smoothly. If you're prepared for turbulence, then you'll be pleased when you can turn off the seatbelt signs.

HAL

I don't think whymeworry had any malice in hi post, only sadness. It for darn sure wasn't HA that sunk the other airlines. Mesa suicide-bombed AQ, and TZ mgmt snatched defeat from the jaws of victory all on their own.

Latest resources

Back