• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New FARs concerning Fractionals? 91K rules

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Chocolate Chip and the other schedulers can eat the nuts out of my shiznit now. They are now gasping the last breaths while they try to punish the pilots but it just isn't working.

hahahahaaaa

Where does the money come from?

pilotyip said:
How is NJ going to generate more revenue to pay for more pilots and give everyone the raises they want?

More pilots will = fewer Sold Off Charter flights.

$100 Million in selloff charter costs eliminated could pay for many additional pilots plus a good raise...

I personaly dont have the energy to do much after sitting around for 14 hours knowing I have to be back at work 10 hours later.

It is certainly punitive at this stage but given their track record punitive will turn into the norm. They will become so used to us being available that once the contract is settled things will change very little.

We will give them relief from 91K once the contract is settled but that is only a 1st day issue. The rest is a lack of planning which we have no control over because we don't have the "big picture".

121 anyone?

We can always go to 121-crew rest; it makes 135 and 91K look like a day at the beach. 16-hrs duty, ability to break duty, no legal rest required if you do not fly over 8 hours in a 24-hour period, you only need 8 hours duty free. Ability to drop and add flight time after a stand up over night. Managers should fly or ride the jumpseat and pilots should spend a week in management each month. The understanding of each other’s problems would amaze both sides and would most likely make the company better.

Last edited:
YIP

You are right about standing in someone else's shoe's.

All I can say is operators brought this on themselves.... FAA enforcement would level the field. Artificially low prices for Air Services and low pilot salaries will have to increase. No reason in the world every professional Jet Captain should not make at least 100K. If the freight does not command riding in the back of a jet there is always rail or truck.

100K good goal

I am with you gun guy. $100K at 10 years is a goal every compnay shoild strive for. I have never made a $100K I think that would be a very good price for my services

Last edited:
Hmmm...I don't remember 10 years being tossed out by anyone but you YIP. Why should it take 10 years to make that kind of money?

Go for it.

Go for it man, show them who is boss, shut the place down unless you get that second year. Is there any good reasons that would not be a good course of action?

Last edited:
I can't think of any reason.

Revenues for a Citation X trip BOS to LAX.

$8400 / hr. times 5.0 hours $42, 000 to fly 2 people to the west coast.

Revenues for a 757 with 150 pax ave ticket $400

$60,000.

The costs associated with operating the 757 much higher and it has to support twice as many pilots plus Flight Attendants and permanant ground personel. The Frac operation or nonsched 135 company does not have these costs.

Yep I think they can make money paying 100K.

A Falcon 2000 trip would have cost $10,400/hr times 5.5 hrs or $57,200 about the same as the 757.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back