New FARs concerning Fractionals? 91K rules

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
gunfyter

you are brilliant. Keep it coming. you understand and are shining the spotlight where it needs to be shined.

figures, facts, reality check about the economics driving this industry presented in a short clear manner are empowering.

Like I said. Keep it coming. I suggest you start a new thread where you put more of this down for all to read. Call it "Just the facts, Maam."

Everybody else can add a different angle on how to do a thumbnail, "makes you think" calculation which cuts through the bull.

Someone posted a year or more ago a Netjet figure that, if true, would and should blow all our minds. It was a statement (and I don't have a clue if its true or not) that pilots at netjets represented 75% of the workforce but pilot salaries themselves only represented something like 25% of payroll.

This, if even approximately true is a mind bender. If pilots represent 75% of the workforce and can arguably be considered the most highly trained part of that workforce and the backbone of workforce, then one would expect this 75% of the workforce to represent significantly more than 75% of the payroll and certainly not LESS and so significantly less.

Anybody here know the real numbers related to this?

Where are you getting these hourly figures? They sound a little high.
Unless I missed something a 757 is also a 2 pilot airplane - why would you need an extra set of pilots.
You need to compare apples to apples not apples to oranges.
You seem to want all of the benefits of an airline job but the pay of a Fortune 500 corporate pilot. Your job has some similarities to both but you are a hybred operation. Airline pilots are paid by the hour and have a schedule, corporate pilots are paid a salary to be available when the boss want to go. You are paid a salary and have a schedule.
Just my opinion (and you know what they say about opinions) but I don't see the company caving on your salary demands, just does not seem realistic.

gunfyter said:
I can't think of any reason.

Revenues for a Citation X trip BOS to LAX.

$8400 / hr. times 5.0 hours $42, 000 to fly 2 people to the west coast.

Revenues for a 757 with 150 pax ave ticket $400

$60,000.

The costs associated with operating the 757 much higher and it has to support twice as many pilots plus Flight Attendants and permanant ground personel. The Frac operation or nonsched 135 company does not have these costs.

Yep I think they can make money paying 100K.

A Falcon 2000 trip would have cost $10,400/hr times 5.5 hrs or $57,200 about the same as the 757.

da90drivr said:
Unless I missed something a 757 is also a 2 pilot airplane - why would you need an extra set of pilots. .

Airlines normally crew at around 6 crews per plane(12 pilots for a 757). I believe fracs crew at around 2.5 crews per plane(5 pilots per plane).

Just what we need...another corp. pilot coming on here telling us what we must do or what we can expect as the end result. Seriously dude, we just don't care. You're not in the fight so it must make you feel superior to tell NetJets guys that they'll never make reasonable money for their efforts. Yawn...we've heard it all before from guys that have better arguments than you've presented. We're not impressed.

da90drivr said:
The numbers you quote are for Marquis customers not the rate for the owners of the aircraft. Again apples to apples......
You are also comparing yourself to a 757 operation. Not even close to what you do. Different regs and rules. You need to compare yourself to maybe a small national or regional operator with similar size aircraft and daily usage.

You bring up a good point. Airlines have to BUY and LEASE their aircraft. Frac companies do not even have that cost. We have the numbers for the Fractional Owners too. Its about 20% more to JetCard than Own. Still a lot of revenue for flying a $24 million airplane someone else paid for.

But the closest Apples to Apples revenue wise is the JetCard customers because that is where the Frac company has to buy the airplanes or make airplane payments like the 757 operator. Also the 757 does not always have 150 passengers.... sometimes bringing far less revenues than we do.

My comparison shows that the revenues are similar. Since YIP wanted to know where the monies will come from.

How long should I wait for 100K? I been here 7 yrs. Yipsters in for 100 by 10.... Not buying that.

You seem to want all of the benefits of an airline job but the pay of a Fortune 500 corporate pilot. Your job has some similarities to both but you are a hybred operation.
Hybrid Operation? Ok I'll take a Hybrid Payscale. When do I get my $100k... year 3? Its going to take 4 to 5 years to make Captain anyway.

Last edited:
We corporate guys dont care either, just having a good time watching the fractional companies self destroy themselves.
Its good entertainment.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back