• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New FARs concerning Fractionals? 91K rules

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
$8400/hour for a Citation X? Wow, someone is getting ripped off big time!

If your sales team is good enough to sell Citation X time for $8400/hour, they deserve a raise even more than you do!

Maybe you meant $4800/hour? Still a rip off (Xs typically charter for around $3700/hour, plus or minus a few hundred), but not quite as bad.

gunfyter said:
I can't think of any reason.

Revenues for a Citation X trip BOS to LAX.

$8400 / hr. times 5.0 hours $42, 000 to fly 2 people to the west coast.

Revenues for a 757 with 150 pax ave ticket $400

$60,000.

The costs associated with operating the 757 much higher and it has to support twice as many pilots plus Flight Attendants and permanant ground personel. The Frac operation or nonsched 135 company does not have these costs.

Yep I think they can make money paying 100K.

A Falcon 2000 trip would have cost $10,400/hr times 5.5 hrs or $57,200 about the same as the 757.

Marquis trips are point to point with no positioning charges. It's still expensive but not totally out of line.

some_dude said:
$8400/hour for a Citation X? Wow, someone is getting ripped off big time!

Maybe you meant $4800/hour? Still a rip off (Xs typically charter for around $3700/hour, plus or minus a few hundred), but not quite as bad.

No I mean $8400/hour. And selling like WildFire.... Where's my cut? $4400/hr might get you the Ultra. I look in the mirror everyday at the guy getting ripped off big time.

Last edited:
But that $8400 is without any dead leg charges. Most charter companies charge you $X per hour for the flight plus $Y amount to either get the plane to you or back from where you're going. Marquis just charges for the occupied time.

It's still a horrible deal. The charter company could fly you in the X and deadhead the X home and it would still be cheaper.

Oh well, as PT Barnum said, there's a sucker born every minute!

Honestly, I cannot understand why people sign up for that Marquis deal.

Grizz said:
But that $8400 is without any dead leg charges. Most charter companies charge you $X per hour for the flight plus $Y amount to either get the plane to you or back from where you're going. Marquis just charges for the occupied time.

Grizz,
I wasn't telling you what to do. I could not care less. You must go back to the beginning and remember you accepted the job knowing the pay was substandard.
As long as there are people willing to fly airplanes for slave wages you will see little improvement to your situation.
If you don't want people to comment on the situation perhaps you should not post here.

Grizz said:
Just what we need...another corp. pilot coming on here telling us what we must do or what we can expect as the end result. Seriously dude, we just don't care. You're not in the fight so it must make you feel superior to tell NetJets guys that they'll never make reasonable money for their efforts. Yawn...we've heard it all before from guys that have better arguments than you've presented. We're not impressed.

I agree with DA90
As long as Netjets has an abundance of pilot apps, they have no reason to adjust the payscales. Its been this way since the business started in 1986.
There are thousands of out or work pilots and unhappy airline crewmembers to keep the flow going.
Pilots will fly for slave wages because its......Fun.

What wrong wiht 90K?

How is $90K in 10 years slave wages? I have never seen it, and I love my job, live well, own an airplane, and a house. I do not understand why something close to $100K that can be done by a high school graduate is not a good deal. I mean how lucky can a person be to make $90K per year doing something they love to do. How many other people are really slaving at $50K-$60K/yr in a job they hate, one they work at 5 days a week, in the same location. To be paid a decent wage to fly an airplane, something you love to do, is an unbelievable blessing. I am living out a child hood dream.

Last edited:
There is nothing wrong with 90K/ year but why pay you 90K/year when there are pilots out there who will do the same job for 28K?
High School or College should have no bearing. Formal education has long been used as an excuse to shrink the pile of resumes on some HR persons desk.
Yes flying is fun but if you choose it as a career you should not accept a job for substandard wages and lower the bar for everyone else.

pilotyip said:
How is $90K in 10 years slave wages? I have never seen it, and I love my job, live well, own an airplane, and a house. I do not understand why something close to $100K that can be done by a high school graduate is not a good deal. I mean how lucky can a person be to make $90K per year doing something they love to do. How many other people are really slaving at $50K-$60K/yr in a job they hate, one they work at 5 days a week, in the same location. To be paid a decent wage to fly an airplane, something you love to do, is an unbelievable blessing. I am living out a child hood dream.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back